• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with designing a footmen vs grunts map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok so....
I haven't been here for a while, but WC3 was the easiest and most likable game making software I could afford...
So I'm back...

Either way right now I'm designing a Footmen vs grunts map with a few things in mind
1) Tournament Playable
-The game isn't winable immedietely unless the opponent isn't around.
-both sides have the same units available (no imbalancing in tactics)
2) Terrain is more interesting than mass in middle and creeps on sides
-I want there to be choke and vantage points through out the map as well as a maze here and there for
3) Since the units will be the same for both sides
-There will be a custom unit and a custom shared unit
-The custom shared unit is a unit that the entire team can upgrade
-There will also be certian store bought units
4) Plenty of tricks and bluffs
5) Heroes are more of Mass attackers than they are a force to be reckoned with
--However, with the right items, they can be

Right now though I especially need ideas on terrain and Units

Especially Units because Though I am going to include custom units, I think its pretty important to have stock units for people to choose from

A Few Things that I've already thought about. But if you come up with something better, I'll probably go with that
-Custom Unit
--Can be balanced with; Reproduction rate and attack range
--collision size is independent
--You can place items in the building to give the units abilities when they are created
--Increase their damage, hp and movement speed

-Hero
--Spells include; Mass attack, Mass Movement and A-Squad (Tells certian units not to go with the other ones)
--Strength increases hp by 10
--Agility increases movement speed
--Intelligence increases damage

-Your first hero
--Long Ranged and small, low stats-Archer
--Long ranged and medium, low stats-
--Long ranged and big, low stats-Firelord
--Mid ranged and small, mid stats
--mid ranged and medium, mid stats
--mid ranged and big, mid stats
--melee and small, high stats-Dwarf
--melee and medium, high stats-
--melee and big, high stats-Panda

With low stats, you will have to buy tomes to make up for the difference, however, in the long run you can pick off your opponents a lot easier this way and get away with it if you buff it up properly

-Premade units
--Footmen
--Spearmen
--Archer
--Tank
--Splash Seige
--Melee Seige

--Healer
--Attack/Armorer
--Necromancer
--Anti Magic

-Terrain
--In the middle there are two platforms on either side that can be used for archers looking to shoot down on their opponents safely
--On the other side of those I'm thinking either a shop or a maze or a creep location
---People will want the shop because they can buy the spell items for their units
---They will want the creep spawn so hey can level up, however every creep will be pretty tough requiring some sort of sacrifice

More to come

Status
Not open for further replies.