• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vote Your Band

Which Is your Favourite Band?

• The Beatles

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • The Who

• Deep Purple

• The Rolling Stones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thin Lizzy

• Pink Floyd

• The Doors

• Metallica

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Iron Maiden

• AC/DC

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Black Sabbath

• Jimi Hendrix Experience

• Lynyrd Skynyrd

• Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Queen

• Aerosmith

• Nirvana

• The Scorpions

• Guns'N'Roses

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
All of you dumbasses are saying RHPC.

Red Hot Peppers Chili huh? Never heard of them before.

And Numeror, Metallica sucks about as much ass as the nexct pseudo metal band, especially Saint Anger, so you're really not in the position to be calling the much more successful RHCP bad.

Level 10
All of you dumbasses are saying RHPC.

Red Hot Peppers Chili huh? Never heard of them before.

And Numeror, Metallica sucks about as much ass as the nexct pseudo metal band, especially Saint Anger, so you're really not in the position to be calling the much more successful RHCP bad.

I liked the song st.anger...But until the Black Album they CENSORED OWND...I mean...listn to Nothing Else Matter, Fade to Black, One, Master of Puppets..and so on....

And at all they are more successfull i think.

I bet the new album will own all :)

Level 26
There is no Blind Guardian, Demons & Wizards, or Nickelback. This poll fails.
...........Nickelback isnt quite the same as any of those triple-platnum hit making bands in the list. if you ask a group of people if they recognise any of those bands they should get almost all of them, where as out of the same group of random people, only a few might know nickelback. the bands in that list ar arguably the best bands ever, so dont neccesarily complain your favorite band isnt on there, if i had a true vote it would go to someone lame like bloc party, but that doesnt really hold up on the best bands of all time stage.
j00 phail.

Level 10
Blind Guardian is very popular among metal fans. And I spy some metal there (Iron Maiden, Metallica). Demons & Wizards and Nickelback, less so, but still.

And any poll involving rock and/or metal bands that doesn't have Blind Guardian on it pretty much fails by default, imo.

Level 36
Blind Guardian and Iced Earth and the entire prog metal genre does not have platinum sales. Blind Guardian has never made an album that has even charted or attained gold sales. It's not that I hate Blind Guardian, I love them (even though Iced Earth is better), it's just that they aren't on the same scale as the bands listed here.

The Beatles were probably one of the biggest phenomena in music. Nirvana created a whole new genre of music overnight. Like, the bands here are all megastars, while Nickleback are nearly.... stars.... if anything at all.

Level 36
Ur opinion...but many other doesn't think so.
Don't get me wrong, I like Korn, Linkin Park, and System of a Down, just about every other band in the 'nu' category.

But have any of them ever sold platinum albums? Have they changed a whole generation with their music?

The truth is, I don't think so, so there's a reason why they're off the list.

Level 23
Well yes, Numan is very popular.... but no more so then Metallica or U2 or Korn. In fact, I think Korn has more rabid fans then Numan does...

Numan is hardly known at all these day, but he still has a crazy hard-core of nutty fans (albeit a small one).

Back in the day, I'm pretty sure he was six times as popular as any of the shite up in that poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.