1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

vjass support extension for Visual Studio Code

Submitted by Faked Weiss
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
# Abstract
I made an extension for the coders who wants to use jass or vjass on the Visual Studio Code. The latest version of this extension is 0.0.7, I've made a lot of coooool features of this extension. Enjoy the extension. If you find any bugs or you have any questions of this extension, just contact me.

# Some ScreenShots
completion:
[​IMG]

references:
[​IMG]

definition:
[​IMG]

hover:
[​IMG]

# Useful Links
github: GitHub - FakedWeiss/awesome-vjass-support
vscodepage: awesome vjass support - Visual Studio Marketplace

# Change Log

• bugs fixed; refactoring reference provider; add .allocate .create .destroy .execute .evaluate to completion provider.
  • fixed a bug in symbol provider.
  • now the intellisense features works by searching over the whole jass files in the workspace
  • fixed some bugs caused by the pattern in the variable regexp.
  • added support for keywords and some japi functions in the feature completion provider.
  • Fixed a bug in the feature completion and provider.
  • Added features symbol provider, completion provider, definition provider, reference provider and hover provider.
  • Added features of snippets and highlighting
Contents

vjass support extension for Visual Studio Code (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
Approved! An excellent tool for vJass highlighting and autocompletion. Adding the new natives would be nice though.
  1. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cool in theory, questionable in practice.

I am not saying the tool standalone is bad, but the workflow seems clunky without other additions.
    For example, how do I test the map after I write code?

I write Wurst code in VS code and I need to use a runmap command to inject the code into my map, do you offer something similar here?

2. Faked Weiss

Faked Weiss

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I have some plans. Maybe I will add something like jasshelper. But I didn't learn vscode plug-in for weeks. I was very unfamiliar with how to implement vscode's task. I think the most important thing now is to find some people to use this extension. After improving the existing features, I will think deeply about how to extend the vscode toolchain.
    By the way there is a tool made by my friend which can pack / unpack Warcraft map. I think the tool is very nice. The binary files used by the world editor are converted to text format to facilitate the operation of version control, search, batch editing, contrast, and merger. You may need this tool in your workflow.
    GitHub - syj2010syj/w3x2lni

3. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is some fuel for vJASS hipsters. I like it!

Can you add so that it shows the function declaration while within parenthesis of call to said function, like here:
    upload_2018-3-17_13-43-47.png

4. Faked Weiss

Faked Weiss

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I will try to add this feature in the future ~

5. yatyfornetreg

yatyfornetreg

Resources:
    Resources:
    jasshelper itself should be able to do the work.

Code (Text):
    copy your_map.w3x somewhere_else
    jasshelper.exe common.j blizzard.j somewhere_else\your_map.w3x
    "Warcraft III.exe" -window -loadfile full_path_to_your_copied_map.w3x
    this batch basically
    1. make a copy of your map
    2. process the copied map with jasshelper
    3. run war3 directly with your input map

check out my repo
    1. set up environment variables for JassHelper path and Warcraft 3 path
    2. make a directory under the project named "build"
    3. click run.bat

you only need the vanilla WE, and a jasshelper, nothing else more.
    if you had read the nodejs thing in my repo, just ignore it.

working well with 1.29

yatyricky/Zulaman-WE

6. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know we will soon get Reforged and with it a new Editor that will probably support this, but while we're in the wait, do you plan on adding the new natives to this extension?

7. eejin

eejin

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Approved! An excellent tool for vJass highlighting and autocompletion. Adding the new natives would be nice though.

8. Faked Weiss

Faked Weiss

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    have a try with version of 0.0.93

Attached Files:

9. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Works like a charm now. Thank you.