• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Very weird problems with builders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I'm working on my TD map, and I'm quite shocked with the errors I'm getting.

Apparently, standard workers build my custom structures perfectly. When I change model, icon, walk animation speed, movement and tooltips, the building starts with 50 hp and won't build. That's very weird, since the changed fields affect visuals only. Am I missing anything?

Level 30
Units are the same as standard workers, with exceptions I've mentioned.

I thought it's because of Root (Ancients) ability I've added to allow buildings to turn around when attacking, but then I realized I can't build units without it as well.

I'm totally confused, will try to change parameter by parameter to figure this out. It will take time, but... Damn.

Level 33
You have to give both your builder the ability Build and Repair.
Warcraft III uses a trick, to build buildings.
You see, to build a building, it simply creates a Unit Building which has a relatively low amount of HP at starting, and after that, the worker uses Repair ability to "finish" the remaining parts of the building.

It is actually a process of creating units with low HP as a start, and after that an order of "Repair" is issued to the worker to the building that just been created.

Therefore, a worker that only has Build ability, does not simply finish the building because it needs Repair to complete it.

But remember, each Build technique is different to each races (Human , Night Elves, Undead, Orcs)
Well, perhaps Human = Orcs
Wisp uses itself to sacrifice for the building thus dies in the process (some building)
Undead has the ability to auto-build your building once it is created with a relatively low HP at start.

Status
Not open for further replies.