• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Very strange text glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
EDIT: After looking around, I can see that this is a known glitch. Please ignore this post (unless you know of a solution)

So recently I downloaded a new patch for Wc3, which caused Wc3 as well as the world editor to be unable to start due to missing files. I reinstalled the program, and I can now start the games fine.

However: When I save a map in the world editor, I get a very strange glitch, where the strings of different custom objects in the object editor gets mumbled around. For example, a hero's proper name may become the tooltip to an item, the name, tooltips and editor suffixes of different abilities get changed around (E.g. the editor suffix becomes the tooltip for the third level of another ability), and the same happens to items, doodads, destructibles, buffs and upgrades.

It does not affect anything except the text strings, as all units and items with abilities retain their abilities (though those abilities are all renamed), and all triggers still work. It's super weird, and I have never seen anything like it before. Moreover, the glitch is recurring - I tried changing one of the unit names, and it was randomized again. The glitch seems to be prioritizing certain strings more than others; one time, I had a bunch of abilities named "Black Arrow", after saving and trying again, I had a lot of "Revenant" instead (Both of which were strings I had used previously). It also seems like some abilities like to keep their names, though there doesn't seem to be any consistency as to which ones do so.

Is this a known glitch, and is there any way to mitigate it? I imagine it might have something to do with the recently introduced colorizer in the world editor, but that's just a suspicion. I might try to reinstall Wc3 again and see if that fixes anything.

Udklip.PNG

Last edited:
Level 2
The WE in PTR should have this string error fixed if you want to give that a try. If you saved over your map with these string errors though you might be stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.