• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glitch making building a hero

Level 9
Hello, I encountered a strange glitch on 1.26. I copied a building based on human shop, and somehow all units of that type show in the game as HEROES. So they have their minimap and interface icons, with "default string" name on status.

Is there a way to replicate that glitch intentionally?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello, I encountered a strange glitch on 1.26. I copied a building based on human shop, and somehow all units of that type show in the game as HEROES. So they have their minimap and interface icons, with "default string" name on status.

Is there a way to replicate that glitch intentionally?
When you paste a copied Unit you're asked to give it a new 4 digit rawcode. If the first letter of that rawcode is a capital letter then the game assumes you want it to be a Hero.

Level 9
When you paste a copied Unit you're asked to give it a new 4 digit rawcode. If the first letter of that rawcode is a capital letter then the game assumes you want it to be a Hero.
thx you a lot. Another question: the building hero interface icon seems to be above the Paladin hero icon. How to prevent that so it's icon will be below the Paladin icon?