• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Problems (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys I made my custom models through Blender saved as OBJ then imported to Milkshape so I can convert it into MDX for warcraft 3. Not really low poly but still a lot lower than other models. I have this problem where they glitch out at a certain angle or distance of the camera. This is both in World Editor and in game.

1-png.352269

2-png.352270

I've calculated extents, rechecked the animations, etc.

Could it be because of their size? I've set them to a larger scale in model editor.

[EDIT] It isn't because of the size, checked and resized them to very small.

[EDIT]

I've found out that it wasn't the models that had the problem. Is my world editor glitched? Do I have to reinstall? I replaced my custom models with the Abomination model. Still it's there. It wasn't there before so I'm trying to backtrack everything I've done.

3-png.352273

Last edited:
Level 7
You could try exporting from Blender using Fingolfins blender mdl export plugin
Thanks I will try, but as of the moment I need to know if anyone has dealt with this issue before and if it is regarding poly count limits? I have seen a lot of maps though with higher poly models spammed around.

[EDIT]

So I've found out that it had nothing to do with the models. I tried replacing the models with the normal Abomination model and this is that happened.

3-png.352273

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.