• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problems with adding Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
OK Guys,
Im here for like 1 hour, and here is my first question :grin:
I have a problem with adding some Models to my World Editor, I read the Tutorial on this site, and I think I did everything as it's said... Whatever I explain:
I downloaded the Naruto Model Pack from skrab, ok they are on my Desktop right now, then I tried to add them to my World Editor via Import Manager.
I used "Import Files...", I've chosen all the Models from Desktop.
They appeared in that list, I edited the path to "Custom Path" e.g.:
gaara.blp
gaara.mdx
I used "Mdx Pather" to confirm the path.
So after editing all those paths I restarted the World Editor.
After starting World Editor they should appear in the Object Manager when I try to edit the Model used for certain Units, at least it's what i think, but i doesnt.
:ugly:
NOw Im kinda helpless...

I really really hope a thread like this isnt already opened somewhere in the deeps of the Hive, I searched for it, but didnt find anything useful, so please forgive me :cry:

Thanks in Advance
Androth!

Level 32
Those models are tricky since many of them are not posted in our resource sections and therefore have not been tested and approved by the model mods: there's no guarantee that they even function properly.

For your present situation it's probably best to double check the custom texture paths using Warcraft III Viewer, then try the import process again.

Level 34
Just make sure the paths are right. Don't edit the mdx files, just the mdl. That or as Wolverabid said, they just don't work.

Tried the Wringwraith model you posted, it works for me. Here is what your import should look like.

Attachments

• Import.bmp
    690.1 KB · Views: 121
Level 32
For Hive Workshop models, notice the custom texture file path marked in bright red text?

Example: NazgulRider
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Textures\NazgulRider.blp[/COLOR]
Textures\LightningBall.blp
Textures\Dust3x.blp
You must import that skin into your map, select "Use Custom Path" and then paste in the path exactly as shown.

For the Garra model, check your file name and try changing garra.mdx to Garra.mdx.

Level 15
In the model pack, there are 2 skin files called "special.blp" and "special2.blp".

You may have to import those as well.

Also, the files for the model go like this:

"gaara.mdx" "gaara.blp"

And the result is...

Attachments

• Gaara.jpg
    Gaara.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.