• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
As most of us know, there have been a lot of balance changes to spells and items since 1.12, and I was wondering if this project will use the numbers from 1.12 or the numbers from 3.whateverthefuckitisnow? As in, is this project being made from a 1.12 perspective, or a 3.whateverthefuckitisnow with no expansions perspective?

Level 25
First, everything will be according to whatever wow.allakhazam.com provides us with. When we get more high level areas completed and ESPECIALLY when battlegrounds such as Warsong Gulch are introduced, we'll begin to focus strongly on revising spells and truly balancing the mod. What's difficult about making the mod balanced in all ways possible is that you have to make each class's spells effective for both PvP and PvE. If we nerf some things, that may affect them better in PvE but worse in PvP. So it really gives you an idea on why it has been hell for Blizzard this whole time to get it just right. Although, at this point, Blizzard Entertainment tends to just satisfy the bigger group of complainers and overpower their classes for a month or so in a patch, then nerf them and make another class or two overpowered. Warlocks, Rogues, Shamans, and Paladins will always be in the overpowered group, from what I've observed.

So anyway, our spells will be unalike any patches, to my knowledge. At first they will be for a while, but then we'll start customizing it all and playing around with the changes we make for the spells of each class. We want all classes to satisfy the players and don't want you to be that guy who complains that you deal no damage with your spells and are dominated easily because of the other classes are overpowered. Classes like the Warlock are not overpowered. They're perfectly balanced and because of that, it makes those classes which are not perfectly balanced imbalanced and nerfed. It's very complex, but I think you get what I'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.