• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Version 2.7 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I dont want to disencourage you, but respectively i like 2.6 a lot better. First is first, i dont like the changes to the abilities, i mean Forcefield is kind of unrealistic to the type of 'shooter scene' this is and maybe should be dodge or something. Second is stealth, its stupid now, respectively, i think the old stealth was a lot more useful and just plain better. Last the tracking in 2.6 was more fun and more useful. I like the fact that you want to change the terrain for a change of scenery but the terrain you replaced kind of changed the whole way the game works now that theres cliffs and stuff, sniper mounted on the top cliff are gona be able to jew people out of their socks. Also, i think its great you can buy grenades and stuff now, they are always a sack of fun and the changes to some of the weapons are pretty cool.

Don't hate me for this Gadden! I just want to see the game improve not crumble.

Level 5
What you are doing is helping me make the game better, i see no reason to hate you for it =)

Alot of other people has said the same thing; its just not the same game in 2.7. Thats why i have started working on 2.8 which will, hopefully, fix these problems.

Important changes ive been thinking about:

*Terrain will be changed; NO high ground and some other terrain features will be added.

The modes will be changed / replaced as listed below:

*Flag fight will have better terrain for the mode; probably some indoor area where you fight in corridors with the flags.

*King of the hill just doesnt work since its all about camping the center; will probably be replaced by the "Squad mode" Where you have a squad leader (red and green in the different teams) which not only should be the one who gives you orders, but also works as a SPAWN point for your team as long as he is alive. The goal is still to keep control of an area; so the idea is to get your squad leader inside and then just get the whole team inside using his spawn point (idea taken from subspace, trenchwars).

*Deathmatch will, again, be given a system that forces you to move around more. Camping just shouldnt be an advantage. Idea of fixing this: Buffs randomly placed around the battlefield, which gives you for example more temporary health, movement speed, mana regeneration etc. to help you in battle for about 30 seconds.

*The burst fire mode weapons will be changed so the shots will fire less randomly; as it is now the shotgun can, with alittle bad luck, fire all bullets in the same direction.

Ability changes:

* I personally liked forcefield, but since ive got only negative comments on this and not a single positive one, i will remove it. Idea of replacement: Dodge - All damage taken is reduced by 50% for 5 seconds.

*Stealth will work just like in 2.6 (long duration, no speed increase) but you will NOT be able to shoot while stealthing.

Item changes:

* New item: Tracking device - Places a hidden tracking device on a target location. When an enemy agent enter its range, it will attach to the agent and give you a signal every few seconds, revealing its location.

* Players too far away to be flashed (around 2000 range from the flashbang) will be flashed for a shorter duration.

Level 7
GaDDeN said:
*Stealth will work just like in 2.6 (long duration, no speed increase) but you will NOT be able to shoot while stealthing.

Heres a suggestion but not a real good one, but instead of changing stealth maybe give a new abilitiy like heat sensing goggles or something that drain mana over time when activated which can help to detect stealth and maybe even certain mines and things. =P

Level 7
GaDDeN said:
* I personally liked forcefield, but since ive got only negative comments on this and not a single positive one, i will remove it. Idea of replacement: Dodge - All damage taken is reduced by 50% for 5 seconds.

Also, maybe instead of dodge maybe you can make an ability Go Prone. Prone is to be like laying on the ground and pretty much crawling around and while your prone you move slower and have damage taken be reduced by w/e you wish since your harder to hit.

And one last thing ive also found a Counterstrike map that i thought was pretty unique type of shooting style and i have a link to it below this post to dl it. Its unprotected but im not telling you to make or use any of the stuff in this map, im just showing it to you, cuz maybe you'll get some ideas or something. It also has prone so you can get a better idea.

Link: http://mandrilx.com/lodown/Counterstrike 0.06.w3x

Ok sorry im done =P.

Level 5
Gwen: Quite good idea actually i could use it in some way =)

Punisher: The problem with prone is that it ENCOURAGES camping. Moving slower and taking less damage is the same as staying on one spot to become stronger.

Keep the ideas coming :)

Level 3
Hey GaDDeN how is 3.0 going. Here a new minimap using the riflemen model.
elimminimap6vq.jpg

Level 3
Go ahead and hate on mejust don't lash out on me. And once you play 3.0 you will understand the reason for minimap.

I think that the issue with camping is such a big problem in elim GaDDeN because the radar has been downgraded. I beleive that the tracker should be revived and radar booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.