• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Version 1.26 vs 1.31 (World Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How can people still stay on pre-1.29 without widescreen support, is beyond me. The image is stretched and looks horrible (unless you play in a window, which what I was doing back then).
Widescreen is a must, and new natives are great, so I stick to 1.31.1.
There are some negative things in newer patches, yes, but you can overcome them. And new possibilities easily outweigh those negative things.

Does it require internet connection to use world editor 1.31?
No.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
How can people still stay on pre-1.29 without widescreen support, is beyond me. The image is stretched and looks horrible [...]
- [General] - Help to combine Wc3 ver 1.26 with editor compilation - The Hive Workshop
(onwards)

[RenderEdge] Graphic modification for Warcraft III - The Hive Workshop

... plus:
- WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender - The Hive Workshop
- WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender - WarCraft 3 / Модмейкинг - XGM: eXtreme Gamedev & Modmaking
- WFE Versions.zip (the archive includes v2.1 to v2.8)

How can people not browse the many great threads on THW (and elsewhere) is beyond me.
:wink:

Last edited:
Level 10
@pyf That's great, and I heard about RenderEdge, but does average user know? I doubt very much.
For the past 3-4 years I've been stumbling on some WC3 vids and streams, and on every single one of them the image was stretched (until 1.29 came in 2018). And even after that, I still occasionally see a video from someone who still use 1.26a (and guess what I see there).

pyf

pyf

Level 32
WTF THAT RENDER EDGE LOOKS DOPE :O

[EDIT] Does it only work for 1.26?
up to 1.28.5
uh sad life hahaha I'm at 1.31 and I kinda like the additional triggers in it. Something new for me.
The Widescreen Fix only version works for several versions, ranging from v1.23a up to and including v1.28.5. It also works on Windows XP and above.
The full version (which has the widescreen fix built in, plus lots more features) works only with v1.26a, on Windows 7 and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.