• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

VD&D Grand Project

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Vers: 10/07/08 4:56am U.S. Mountain Time.

ATTENTION!
Now that 'skilladd is in, I'm opening up the field to spell ideas. Give it a shot, you could see your spell idea in the game.

There was a bug with pink being able to do skilladd. It's been fixed, hopefully.

I've put all the skills in skilladd for both custom and normal abilities. I may add in Item Abilities later. As well, I added skillup (+) and skilldown (=) to it and will be working on allowing ' and = to skillup as well. I'm trying to fix the issue of overleveling skills, we'll see how that goes.

I added a bard hero, but he's incomplete. Shouldn't take long to fill him in though. I made the lute myself. The model is Zero from here and a skin from WC3campaigns. I'll update the credits soon.

Purple_Poot has helped me finalize the 'skilladd. It now can add, level, delevel and remove skills. Because of this improvement, the map is now protected to prevent lame, unauthorized revamps and stealing of the system.

The palletes are in and working, and a lot of new, custom units have been added. The waygate has a new model, and a new hero, Young Lord of Lightning, is in the custom units.

I plan on adding some more custom spells, and am going to check through some of the coding on how to manipulate the doodads.

Important Note:

The old model for the Troll Priest was bugged. I'm looking for a better model.

I need your opinions!:

I plan on doing some changes to VD&D as far as asthetics go. Mainly in the way of new heroes. I'll tell you what I have planned to change, and I want to hear your yays or nays on the matter. These are the things I want to change, so tell me what you think.

Hero's I think may need to be removed:

Orc Warlock
Orc Samurai
Troll Dragoon

Pandaren Geomancer
Mystic Swordmaster
Wild One
Night Elf Slayer

Human Templar

Cloaked Warrior

Tell me if you think some of these should stay, and what new heros you'd like to see in place of the old.
Reason I'm asking is some of these players are just too similar to others, or don't ever get played. Some of them are also a bit lame in my opinion. Let me hear what you think!

Choose the next two heroes:

I need a new hero for Night Elf/Nature and Orc/Troll/Barrens. Give your ideas, what you'd like to see, and even if you'd like to see new heroes on Human or Undead. The better the chance I'll add it if a lot of VD&D players like it, and even better if you know the model you'd like for it.

To modelers: If you create a model and want to see it added, I'll do everything in my power to add it, provided it's of good quality and is a helpful addition.

I dabble in moddeling, though loosely, and can create a model if need be, but with all the changes I make on the map by myself, and even with the help of the Hiveworkshop community, it's not something I'm big on doing as it can be time consuming.

List of Custom Units:

All units should be available via pallete. However, you can type in the name of them to get them, so long as know the name. Here is a list of custom units that've been added to the game.

Units:
YoungFaerie
Imp
Infernal2-3
Hydraward1-5
CarrionBeetle4-5
Spiritbeast4-5
Locust <--(Targetable Version)
SerpentWard5
Phoenix2-3
Owl4-5

Heroes:
UndeadRogue
TrollVoodooHunter
DarkKnight
ArmoredKnight <---(Doesn't work because armor is at start. Will fix)
PaladinBoss1-2
HumanAssassin
DarkWayfarer
Faerie
FearieQueen
HeroArchAngel
HeroAngel
OwlbearDruid
WolfDruid
BearDruid
VizierDruid
StagDruid
VengeanceForm
DireForm

Doodads:
Light
Mat
Bed
WoodenChair
Egg
CrystalPedestal
Gem
Rocks

Coming Soon:

Hawk4-5
VoodooTrap1-3

As always:

If you see a bug, have an idea, or want to see something changed, tell me here on Hiveworkshop or via email. Comments are also welcome :)

This was originall by Vuen, It was later modded by Blackroots, then Spiritman0. I've furthered it over several months. It nows has DM player units, a larger amount of custom models and skins, additonal heroes, Jass spells, more items, the ability to give heroes directly to players, and more doodads.

Skilladd is working! Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with the complexity of this system, and have yet to properly implement it into the map.

The units and doodads have been updated so you can type their names to create them. All of this was done by manipulating the Jass code inside, which was a learning experience.

This version is a working version, though in a beta state. I DO NOT encourage minor modifications such as hero changes or terrain revamps if you have an unprotected version, especially without the .sql. Be aware that it is a Beta map, and does have a chance of criticaling or not doing what you except it to do. These things should be reported to me.

This version has been repeatedly tested in a public setting, and is mostly stable. If you find errors, please report them to me.

If you want to be a part of the VD&D project, email me. Currently I'm in need of JASS Programmers, GUI Programmers, Spell Makers, Model Makers, Texture Makers, and people who can host games.

Contact me at [email protected] with any bugs, issues, or comments you'd like to send. No matter how trivial they may seem, I will look at them.

Note!: To those waiting, I'm having issues with JASS enhanced spells, and am slowly setting them up one by one into my map as I get them working. So for a little bit, the spells may appear bland and generic on some heroes.

Keywords:
Vuen, TE, D&D, Roleplay, Titanhex, Vuen's, Spiritman0, VD&D, RP, DM, custom, skills, add, skill, dungeons, dragons, VD&D, GP, Grand, Proje
Contents

VD&D Grand Project (Map)

Reviews
23:01, 5th Aug 2009 Linaze: Does not work with the latest patch.
Level 18
Demonic would be a good idea since in the Alpha there is an Outland/Demon area.

We may also consider:

[Wendigo]

Frost Smash: Smashes unit with the Wendigo's fists, stunning and dealing Frost Damage.
Winters Coat (passive): Adds +5,+7,+9 armor and frost resistance.
Throw Snowy Boulder: Just a different model for Throw Boulder
Call to the Spirits (ULT): Calls spirits from the Ice realm, the spirits have 50hp, 2 ethereal armor, and 5-10 magic damage. (Spirit Tower missile model)

Level 9
Great! I know it sounds wierd but I dreamed up a new hero last night o_O

Lost One Assasain
Model: You choose or make
Spells:
Dagger Throw: The Assassain throws a dagger at the enemy

Mirror Image: Blizzard Made

Lost One's Cloak/passive: Most lost ones are invisible so this gives him that "permanant" invisibility, good for rp sneaking in a castle!

Ult/Backstab: The Assassain sneaks behind the enemy and stabs him in the back with a pointed curved knife, causing severe damage.

Yay for lost ones! Anyways while I made this one I thought of another.

Lost One Soul-Master

Implode: Causes an enemy to implode causing average damage
Create Revenant: The Soul Master raises a revenant from a corpse
Staff of the Dark: Gives a bonus as if the Lost one had a Orb of Darkness
Swarm of Souls: Animate dead only inead of red guys make em spirits?

Lost ones ftw! Hope this helps!

Level 9
Ooooh Great idea! Since we got demonic why not make a holy to balance it out?

Titan
Model: If nothing else a giant dwarf lol
Spells:
Holy Chant: Any ally that is damaged gets slowly healed and any demonic/undead is damaged, at the cost of mana AND life of the titan

Redemption: Raises a dead enemy unit as a holy spirit

Vestmants of the Light: THe holy clothes of the titan are cloth but they have the hardness of dragon scale, +3 armor at first level and every level you get an added +1

Creator/Ult#1:The Titan follows the path of a creator, giving him the ability to ressurect up to 6 friendly units

Destroyer:Ult#2: The titan takes the path of the Destroyer, gaining an ability to cause massive damage

No you can't get both, the titan chooses witch path he wants to go.

Level 9
I hope I didn't rig the titan, it's just that they created the world so it's kinda hard NOT to rig em :laugh:
Well I think I have a way to balance out the races.

Night Elf Keeper
Model you choose but if you want keeper of the grove would be fine.

Spells
Earth Shock: Damages the target
Summon Golem: 1st lvl mud golem 2nd rock 3rd granite 4th Mountain 5th Earth
Aura of the Wild: Devotion aura like only it also has the property of Thorns aura, if that can't be done then pick one of the two
ult1/Druid of the Claw: The Keeper choses bear as his aspect, able to transform into a large bear
ult2/Druid of the Paw: The keeper chooses wolf as his aspect, able to transform into a intelegent(SP?) wolf
Ult3/Druid af the Fang: The keeper chooses snake as his aspect, able to transform into a quick snake

Orc Warcheif
Model: OrcOverlord - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
or you could choose somethin else

Spells:
Cleave: The Orc puts all his strength into a fatal blow
Howl of Rage: THe bloodlust of the orcs strikes fear into their enemys hearts
Aura of Bloodlust: Same as the ogre blood mages
ult1/Eternal Rage: The orc chooses the path of a beserker, gaining a Avatar ability
Ult2/Combat Expertise: The Warchief chooses the path of a combat veterarian (SP?) gaining a passive spell that gives him +2 damage, +2 armor, +500 life and +500 mana. passive underpowered avatar ftw!

G2g I'll tell yah the rest later! bye

Heya sorry about that, the day I wrote those s I got invited to a costume party! YAY! It was fun.
Anyways I thought of new heros and I've updated the first two

Nathraziem (SP?)
Model: If you could make a custon Nathraziem model that would be GREAT but if not then just a oddly colored balnazzar would do :D
Domination: Converts a target enemy into a minion of the dreadlord
Orb of the Nathraziem: Summons a Essence shop for 30 seconds for the Dreadlord to pick his orb.
Vampirism: The dreadlord gains 10% life steal on first level and gains 3% more each level
ult1/Jailor: The dreadlord chooses the path of a jailor, gaining the ability to trap enemies in magic chains, squeezing it to death
ult2/Decveiver: The Dreadlord chooses the Decisive path, able to charm a lvl 10 or below hero to his side
Ult3/Possesser: The Third choice is to gain an ability to possess a lvl 10 or below hero, but when he does possess him/her the hero is the same lvl as the dreadlord wether it's lowering of gaining lvls for the target

Like the titan you can only choose 1 path

Human: Missing Link
Model: Like a wierd looking human

Spells
Holy Blast: Damages a target enemy and heals a target ally
Holy Image: Summons a mirror image of the hero that deals 50% damage as the hero can but with each lvl it summons a bonus image but decreases the attack %age
Armor of the Titans/passive: The Half Titan

Eternal Vetaran(SP?)
Model: you decide

Spells
Slash of Darkness: Dmages the target enemy heavily
Impale: Goes behind the target and shoves his weapon up his back causeing severe damage
Quickness: The Veteran gains a +2 to agility
Ult1/Combat Master: The veteran specializes in combat. able to smash his weapon with such force that it causes dark energies to cover the ground. Thunder clap like but way better
Ult2/Quickness expert: The veteran chooses quickness over power, giving him a permanant +50% attack speed

Last edited:
Level 13

Major Update

Alright, I got some big news here. There's a version of VDnD GP circulating around BNET released by me but not on hive yet. It has a somewhat bugged version of play animation, which I'm trying to fix. It uses local variables, but still has issues. Could be beyond my skill level at the moment.

I'm working on some spells at the moment. Might break out the spell factory from Vexorian to assist me.

BIGGEST news though, is that I found a version of Vuen's DnD that I feel outshines mine. It's more polished, has more features, more custom spells, etc. It does need a better skilladd system, which I would like to provide.

It also doesn't have the unally, ally, time, and music functions. A few minor bugs and conflicts also mar it. Still, it's far better work than what I've done.

With any luck, and for the sake of the VDnD community, I would like to assist this person in furthering their vision. I think their vision is the way VDnD should be going.

My work has been rather scattered and unfocused. A bit unpolished as well. Nonetheless, I will work on Grand Project until I have a yes or a no. Even if I get a yes, I will probably still use Grand Project to test out new ideas or to place things I can't in the other version, though sparingly.

In other words you may see a change. Though a good one, and I will still fully endorse this new VDnD.

With that, here is the new Vuen's DnD that I'm so opt to praise. Visit the boards and sign up!

Level 1
Someone really needs to make a command list.

Also, having trouble with vials, which disappear when you use the last charge. Also, how do you use skilladd?

Other than that, great map! Never going to beat the pen and paper DnD though, xD

Level 1
In addition, some of the skills, while cool, don't work. At all. EG, Smart Lightning for the Human Mage and Volley for one of the archers.

Also, AM I SEEING SOME SELECTION BUG?

Level 13
At present, the only answer I can offer comes from here. Stated is:

"Which operating systems are supported?
This pack works on Windows 2000 and XP testedly, Windows Vista also seems to work according to user reports. Older versions and Unix systems or Macintosh are not supported, however parts of this pack can work on other systems if used from the command line."

Level 1
omg!

ever since i downloaded this map i cant host ANY vuens dnd games, every other one gametype works fine, vuens does not, i luv dming them too. How do i fix this? Vuens dnd IS my war3 experience, i luv it! please help me!

Level 6
At present, the only answer I can offer comes from here. Stated is:

"Which operating systems are supported?
This pack works on Windows 2000 and XP testedly, Windows Vista also seems to work according to user reports. Older versions and Unix systems or Macintosh are not supported, however parts of this pack can work on other systems if used from the command line."

Interesting, however I'm pretty sure maps made w/ JASS Newgen work on Macs. Now, I've had some functionality problems with some very advanced maps on my Mac, but not where a map simply won't load (which is what happens on my Mac when I try to play VD&D, it goes to a black screen and WC3 quits). It's interesting, but thanks for answering. I was hoping perhaps there might be a work around, but it's probably not worth it.

ever since i downloaded this map i cant host ANY vuens dnd games, every other one gametype works fine, vuens does not, i luv dming them too. How do i fix this? Vuens dnd IS my war3 experience, i luv it! please help me!

Are you aware that 1.24 probably breaks VD&D? I'd be surprised if it didn't. I'd also be surprised if they were able to fix it by now. It might be a while before this map is again playable.