• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Uther Party alike game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hi there! I see you are reading my post, so you got to be interested. Well, I can't really see, but let me get to the point.

Me and my brother, Skycex, always wanted to create an Uther Party alike map. You know, the one with tons of mini-games, randomed, or selected by player. If anyone knows how to tell me triggers of randoming, picking and selecting games, We would be grateful. Thanks.

Reward: +rep from me and my brother. (+2 rep)

Level 11
Hi there! I see you are reading my post, so you got to be interested. Well, I can't really see, but let me get to the point.

Me and my brother, Skycex, always wanted to create an Uther Party alike map. You know, the one with tons of mini-games, randomed, or selected by player. If anyone knows how to tell me triggers of randoming, picking and selecting games, We would be grateful. Thanks.

Reward: +rep from me and my brother. (+2 rep)

Create a variable of type Integer and name it whatever. Say, "GameSelectInt." Say you have ten games. Now, when you want to randomly select a game, your Actions will be Set GameSelectInt = Random Integer between 1 and 10. Then a series of If then else statements... If GameSelectInt equal to 1, run trigger (Game1Startup) else if GameSelectInt equal to 2, run trigger (Game2Startup) else if GameSelectInt equal to 3... etc. And of course those triggers will initialize whatever you need to set up for that given game. As for selecting games, well, what kind of method do you want to use to select games? Dialog boxes? Clicking dummy units? Moving into a region? There's all sorts of options. Anyways, no matter what your options is, you just create the action you want to trigger a given game the Event, then the Actions will be "run trigger (GameXStartup)."

Pretty straightforward. Good luck with your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.