• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upcoming RPG-what do u want

Wich selection system

• Choose race and buy skills

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Chosse race and class

Votes: 27 77.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Ok, i wanna make an awsome rpg, and wonders what YOU want in the map, I think of choosing between a hero system were u select race and buy skills, or a system were u choose class, and races just have between 4-8 classes to choose from, but somewhat large variety of races. what more do u want, and wich system?

Also, if the class selection system get most votes, there will be 24 classes with 4 builds each: Reaver, Hunter, Stalker, Shaman, Druid, Priest, Paladin, Death Knight, Hydromancer, Geomancer, Pyromancer, Aeromancer, Barbarian, Fighter, Necromancer, Astromancer, Warlock, Rouge, Witch, Healer, Illusionist, Chaosblade, Hexmage, Dragon Devout.

Races will be: Dwarf, Gray Dwarf, Wood Elf, Flame Elf, Orc, Fel Orc, Undead, Spiderling, Jungle Troll, Forest Troll, Sand Troll, Ogre, Minotaur, Demonspawn, Hellborn, Naga, Vampire, Human, Draconian, Gnoll.

Last edited:
Level 5
I think that the "Chosse race and class" may be the best beacuse if you let the players chosse spells bye themself, they can easily become overpower. But the big variation of races and classes looks nice. Hope you succsead!!
This may cause some extra work but i hope you make each hero use ALL spell slots, so instead of 3 normal spells and a ulti spell you make like 5 normal and 1 ulti or 4 normal and 2 ulti (the second ulti stronger then the other) or even a starting spell for the race or class

Level 19
Woxx, I agree with u, people who really know how to build invincible chars are irritating, so i've decided to go fore the race+class system. Blood, Each class have four builds, with 2 spells common for all builds, 1 spell spesific for that build, ultimate resembling their build and one spell resembling their race. there will be only custom spells, and every class will have their type of spells. Also, I've decided to call the RPG "The Taint", it will contain instances or something like it, a inventory system and equipment system. anything more u want?

Level 5
A candy bar big as my head maybye:grin:
No, i think thats all, so have you started with project or is it just an idea.
Btw,Like the rpg name!

Level 19
I've just started, so progress is like 3% or something, working on terrain mostly, do u want me to add a mount system? also, Wand, if u haven't noticed, it's four different builds per class, so somewhat variety is needed, though i might use parts of your idea. Also, i might add some Religion based abilities in addition to the five normal. There will be a great variety of quests, like helping out a battered archeologist, invade an insect-creature realm, speaking with a dead paladins spirit so that the spirits of the graveyard can go to rest, and of course, slaying the Lord of the Abbyss.

Last edited:
Level 34
Races: Race bonuses, for example: Undead get Reincarnation, Elves get Evasion and Orcs get Critical Strike. Just saying something simple.

Classes: Bonuses that work out of the designated class. For example, +25 range per level for the Archer, +1,5 damage per level for the Warrior, +1 Int per level for the Mage.

Level 4
You're approaching this at the wrong angle. You choose what you want to choose, that's what makes an ORPG successful. If you let your creativity go instead of letting others decide what you're mod will be, you'll enjoy it more. Blizzard looks for this creativity, and without it WoW would not be the phenomenon it is today. Be creative, and you choose what you're mod will be, no one else.

Level 19
Yes, i know, but i also want to know what other people think, what ideas they have etc. since most people have voted for the hero selection system, i'll use it. and i've decided to try to make a mount system. and i wondered if someone was interesting in adding an extra anim-set to tenebrae's RPG models, so that they have a morph anim were they change to ranged weapon, a alternate spell and attack walking for ranged weapon, and a morph anim to change back. And DivineBoss, I like your ideas. I'm thinking of having less races, but haven't decided yet.

Level 24
Choosing both race and class gives more freedom to the player, which in my opinion is really if not totally necessary in a game of the rpg genre. Buying skills can be somewhat cool too, but cannot match the awesomeness of picking the class which (the player) finds more interesting.

Level 5
How far have you come in the developing of this map? Cant wait for it ^^

Level 17
Customizable classes.
Players must pick a basic class
But then break it down, so players can pick abilities only from their class area. So mages can only learn mag-ish skills, warriors can only learn warrior skills and so on and so forth. So you never have to play as the same character twice, unless you are an insane fanatic who plays the game every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.