• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Knights of The Stars ORPG

What do you think about the map/idea?

• Cool, the idea is good and the map too

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Uhm, I like the idea but the map...work on it more

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Lol, the map is better than the idea

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Nah, I don't like it

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
kotslogo.png

Intro:Choose your destiny in this giant futuristic ORPG,become a Templar or a Zealot,a Justice Keeper or a Bounty Hunter,a Pirate or a Mercenary (or become whatever you just want)
Travel with your spaceship through planets but,watch out for pirates
Catch outlaws,capture wanted criminals,rob travelling merchants (only if you can),work for money in a BIG world

Gameplay:
--------:thumbs_up:Features:thumbs_up:--------
:fp:-Spaceship Traveling:Are you bored of teleporters?Did you ever played ship maps (like Uncharted Waters)?Imagine that ship system but instead of water and ships there are space and spaceships
Actually,the system is not the same like the Uncharted Water's,the arrow key movement is activated only if you get into your spaceship and also you can get out of it (of course you must,you can't enter a building with a spaceship or travel the streets with it)
That includes you can travel freely not just choose the destination and the spaceship goes there,you can move anywhere you want but you must watch out for dangerous areas and always be ready for a battle.

Traveling System
:fp:-Combat System:The standard WC3 combat system but modified,the modifications are:
1.Damage Detection System (includes spells names)
2.Gore
3.Extra sounds and effects

4.Chances to cripple the enemy or to be crippled
:fp:-Bounty Boards:Bounty Boards are repetable quest givers(Killing quests),wanted criminals (like bosses,but you gotta find them first) capturing quests are not repetable
:fp:-A BIG galaxy:I'm getting bored of maps like:World of Someone that's why this map has no world name because the planets you can travel got different names,that means a multiple world.
:fp:-Attachement System:As you saw in other maps,the weapons appear on your character when you pick up the item,same thing here but when you pick up an armor,the color of your armor changes
Example:Your tc is red (Recruit Armor),when you pick up Metal Armor the tc is changing to grey

:fp:-Custom Mana:
There are mana types like:
Stamina:It decreases faster but it recharges like 10...20...30 not like the mana that is 1.2.3.4.5.6
Rage:5 mana is gained by hitting someone,5 mana is gained by being hit
If you are out of combat,the mana starts to decrease

Energy:Used for electric stuff
Mana:The normal mana

:fp:-Enterable Houses
:fp:-Dungeons
:fp:-And Many other things to come :grin:
--------:grin:Races:grin:--------
-Alliance (Human,Dwarf,Elf)
1.Human 2.Dwarf 3.Elf

-Horde
1.Orc 2.Goblin 3.Ogre 4.Tauren 5.Troll

-Aliens (Nothing Yet)
-------:spell_breaker:Classes:spell_breaker:--------
-Fighter (Human,Dwarf,Elf,Orc)
An infantry, the Fighter is a mix beetwen a tank and a damage dealer, in the battlefield, the Fighter kills the enemies and protects the ranged soldiers.
Weapons Used:Blunt, Blade, Laser Blade
Armors Used:Light Armor, Heavy Armor
Starting Attributes:
Force:8 Dexterity:7 Intellect:5
Mana Type: Rage
Attacks land units.
-Smasher (Ogre,Tauren)
-Berserker (Troll)
-Shadow Striker (Human,Dwarf,Goblin,Elf,Orc,Troll)
-Blaster (Human,Dwarf,Elf,Orc,Tauren,Goblin,Troll)
-Combat Medic (Human,Elf,Orc,Goblin)
-Templar (Urmnun,all races)
-Zealot (Arekshu,all races)
-Still need ideas
--------:infl_thumbs_up:Dungeons:infl_thumbs_up:--------
1.Abandoned Alien Mothership
An abandoned mothership that you can find only by traveling with your spaceship, inside the mothership you can see almost nothing, that's why you must be prepared for any Pirate or Ghoul to strike you from the shadows.
At the end of the dungeon there's a scary undead alien boss, don't worry, you will find there some valuable Arlk Crystals.
--------:nemor:Factions:nemor:-------
Urmnun Republic
Help the Templars to fight for freedom and save people, try eliberating the galaxy from tyrants.

Arekshu Empire
Help Prince Laedran Arek to gain the throne, you will have a real royal experience of betrayal and other stuff.
There is actually no good or evil side, the both sides want to find a better life but they have different visions of a ''better'' life, The Empire would exterminate the rats but The Republic would give them the chance to live
(I would join The Empire, I really wanna kill all the gypsies)

I'll make screenshots for every feature and for terrain and classes/races

Download
Protected Alpha v0.3

Last edited:
Level 10
It's a nice idea but i would recommend you make this in sc2, because there, you can make a custom UI, you have the necessary models and it's way easier. Besides the GUI in galaxy editor is almost the same as in warcraft 3.

Actually,I really wanted to make a wc3 futuristic map
Besides,I'm feeling bad using the Stacraft Editor because I was too unpatiend and I downloaded it (I'll buy it from the store when it will appear)

I must confess something:The only thing finished at this map are the combat system and the spaceship system

Level 11
I have tested it here are my suggestions:
- add arrow key movement if you look the camera
- the camera centers on the selected unit even if its an enemy don't know if you want that
- the camera is to close i think

right now its i nice idea, but the map is in a really early stage so I will not vote right now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.