• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upadoro TD v0.985

Upadoro TD

This TD map offers survivor or team mode with up to 8 players having their own creeps, 11 races with totally 265 structures, bonus tower, 50 waves of creatures and 5 difficulties from easy to nightmare.

Important: Please delete all older versions of 0.97 than .97f because of the critical bugs!!!
Patch 1.24 Problem: Older versions than 0.97e won't work under patch 1.24!!!

Gameplay

Gameplay

General

-You receive gold from kills and at the end of a round.
-Every normal wave consists of 25 enemies per player.
-Every fifth wave is a boss level and consists of 15 enemies and 1 hero.
-There are 3 special waves for money. Leaks take no lives.
-There are a few waves with invisible units. You can see them with the paladin special tower and each race has one tower to see them.
-Special Item-Towers will be dropped by the bosses.
-The map has a own armor/damage type setting.

Solo Mode
Rules:
-Every player plays his own difficult and creep waves
[box="Team" Mode]Rules:
-Same difficult for every player and all players have to finish the current wave
-It's not a real team mode but maybe a better choice if you are playing with friends
->no real team mode because every one still has his own way but you can help each other and send gold
Difficulties
Rules:
-Easy: 85%hp, 35 lives, 90% sell
-Normal: 90%hp, 25 lives, 75% sell
-Hard: 95%hp, 10 lives (+5 in team mode), 50% sell
-Very Hard: 100%hp, 5 lives (+5 in team mode), 25% sell
-Nightmare: 100%hp, 10 lives(+5 in team mode), 25% sell. Enables the Soultemplar and Keepers but you must also fight stronger creeps! (Hint: See the Patchlog for a "How to".)
[/box]

The Races

Races
A small list of pros and contras for each race can by seen ingame.
WoW
The World of Warcraft race was my first race for this TD and somehow just for testing. Now it's more a fun race and contains towers from MC,BWL and AQ.
Outland Alliance
The Outland Alliance contains the bloodelf forces of Prince Kael'thas and the Nagas controlled by Lady Vashj. Their leader is Illidan under the cotroll of Kil'jaeden.
Scourge
The scourge race contains some of the mightiest ingame towers. The scourge is commanded by Arthas and his minions.
Hint: Some of the Scourge towers need 4x4 squares.
Nature
Under the command of the druids and keepers the nature sends gnolls, trolls and spiders into battle.
Hint: The towers are not directly builded - build a dwelling and upgrade it
Demons
The demons are a part of the burning legion. They send phaseshifters which can create rifts and portals to summon more and stronger demons to unknown territory.
Hint: The towers are not directly builded - build a portal/rift and upgrade it
Creeps
The creeps are tamed by mighty Tamers. They select the strongest creeps and lead them to battle.
Hint: The tamer requires upgrades from his tamer camp to build improved towers.
Goblins
The goblins are very well known in all explosive things. They use rockets, mines and bombs to stop their enemies. Their leader is Armageddox who gives everything for a good war.
Hint: The goblins require upgrades from their HQ to build improved towers.
Underworld
The underworld forces are commanded by Vor'tax the Shadowking. He leads his minions from the shadows to the mortal world. The underworld race has many powerful spells.
Nightelfs
The nightelfs send their ambassadors to dangerous regions and they will decide which troops are needed for the battle. The nightelfs have powerful spells and strong creatures.
Mercenaries
Daelin Proudmoore survived the battle with Rexxar and is now collecting new forces to lead his forces into battle for the one who pays the most money. They are also able to forge mighty weapons.
Soultemplar and Keeper
The Soultemplars were a secret order of the Silverhand. They devoted their lifes to the Soulpower, a power that inhabits every being, and they found a way to controll it. The Leaders of the Silverhand banished the Templars from the ranks of the Silverhand after their greed for the power has become to big and they started killing people and other beings to drain their power and convert it for their purposes. During and after the third war of Azeroth the public knowing about the Templars faded because they somehow disappeared and were rarely seen. There were only rumors about them left and the most common rumor was that they returned to their roots as paladins and use the Soulpower in addition to the power of the light. But they also had to survive and so they started to teach everyone who paid for it the use of Soulpower but never how to create it. These people and beings from every race and/or dimension became the Soulkeepers a mercanery like army that is lead by the Soultemplars. They fight to protect their knowledge, increase their might and prevent other forces from using the Soulpower. Now they return from their secret monastary because one who once belonged to them is unleashed and wants revenge for his banishment. The other races of Azeroth accepted their help for this fight even if no one knows their real plans..

Story

Prelude
A little prelude for the map.

What happend so far:
1 year ago: An unknown army lead by the Corrupted Council started an invasion in Azeroth. - They didn't conquer land but took thousands of prisoners.

10 months ago: Kil'jaeden discovered the real purpose behind the kidnapping of so many people and creatures. The Lichs of the Corrupted Council found the Prison of Upadoro, an ancient Demon Lord, in the Forgotten Plain of the four Edges. The Forgotten Plain is a small realm between Azeroth and the chaotic world of Upadoro. The goal of the Council is clear: They want to sacrifice all the prisoners and feed their souls to Upadoro so he can reopen the gate between the Forgotten Plain and his world.

6 months ago: The leaders of Azeroth met in a congress and decided that the most important issue of Azeroth will be the prevention of the ritual.

4 months ago: The Lichking found a clue of an Ancient Gate that leads from Azeroth to the Forgotten Plains in a book he had stolen from Dalaran.

3 months ago: The United Forces of Azeroth and even other races like the Demons agreed to plan and then start the offensive against the Corrupted Council.

2 weeks ago: The Council Forces at the Ancient Gate were slain. The Gate was still active but the connection between Azeroth and the Forgotten Plain was nearly gone.

Today: Azerothian reinforcments arrive at the Gate. Mages of every kind were able to empower the gate but it is still very weak and only allows a few troops to enter it one-by-one.

Patches

History
This list contains changes from the latest patches.
---0.985---

#Balance#
-Abilities based on bash had their stun duration reduced.
-Increased HP for waves in nightmare mode after round 20.
-Reduced the gold gain from creep kills in nightmare mode a little bit.
-Most keeper abilities in nightmare mode had their damage reduced.

#Bug Fixes#
-Fixed all known bugs related to new spell triggers.
-Changed the looking for Kazzak'doom when itemified to solve a problem that the item wasn't pickable.
---0.98a---

#Bug Fixes#
-Fixed the phoenix wave and Demonic Illidan can't send eggs back anymore.
-Fixed the non ending spawn of the bonus waves final boss.
-Added a mana requirement to Mugg's "Eat" ability. So you can't itemify him and instantly reuse this ability.
---0.98---

#Extreme Mode#
-The extreme mode has been totally reworked.
-New name: Nightmare difficulty
-No autocast restrictions
-Features: Enables the Soultemplar (acutally just 1) and the 11 Soulkeepers. It also brings a full new set of stronger creeps with new abilities.
It also grants you access to the Soulpower resource which is gained via the Templar's aura.

How to play?
The nightmare difficulty is a little bit different to the other modes.
1. After picking your normal builder you will get a 2nd builder called Soultemplar Ambassador.
2. Use his item to place the Soultemplar Shrine and recrute your Templar. Place the Shrine/Templar at a good spot in your defense his aura gives you the needed Soulpower.
3. Build Soulkeeper and improve their abilities with your gained Soulpower to support your defense.
4. After every round your Templar gains 1 level and 1 skill point. Use the skill points.

#General#
-Added a chat command to toggle all autocasts on/off. Use -AC
-Totally reworked the autocast system (just the script, no change ingame) because some autocasts could fail due to the former too long trigger
-Removed the Mercenary save code system. They can now be directly picked
-Actually all terrain ripple or deformations are disabled. They can cause disconnects in rare cases
-I optimized the map for faster loading time but acutally it can't be opened in the editor
-And again many small changes and minor balancing

#Demons#
-Added a new summoning spell for the Demon God
-Reworked the spell of the Soulcollector/Harvester

#Goblins#
-Added a start tower as item which offers upgrades to higher tiers to gain new towers

#Bugs#
-Fixed some autocast issues (see general)
---0.97f---

#General#
-The camera is now locked to the "game setter" until you pick a difficulty

#Bugs#
-Fixed the chance that level 47 could stuck
---0.97e---

-Works with 1.24
#General#
-Changed the mode and difficulty selection (spells in buildings, no dialog buttons)
-More spells and spells of summoned units are autocasted now
-Normal attacks now deal a little bit less damage against air units
-Added new abilities for some prisoner waves
-If you finished extreme mode and missed the bonus code it can now be reshown (type "-merccode")
-Many smaller changes

#Outland Alliance#
-New Tower: Bloodelf Sorcerress (upgrades from Bloodelf Archer)
-New Tower: Naga Bloodminion (upgrades from Naga Slave)
#Goblins#
-Reduced the aoe range of every tower a little bit
-Automatic Recharger splitted in 2 upgrad level
-UT&Quake don't have the shock totem anymore. But they can be upgraded to learn it
#Special Towers#
-Hydralisk level 3 has a new spell (it disappears while on cooldown. so don't wonder)

#Bug Fixes#
-The first autocast of a tower is now delayed to prevent some towers getting stuck in order conflicts
---0.97d---

-All bugs related to mobs getting stuck or running back should be fixed
-Some code improvements and a few little memory leaks removed

#WoW Race#
-The gamemaster can build a blizzard hq now. It offers upgrades
#Nature#
-Added a new tower to the troll hut to compensate a disadvantage against armored units
-Added a new spell to temple guard and holy guardian
---0.97c---

-Lots of memory leaks fixed
-A last minute trigger change screwed up waves with casted abilities and made the whole game stop -> should be fixed now
-fixed the single player bug when not playing as red
---0.97---

---General Changes---
-nichts reworked all gamemode and gamehandler triggers to Jass and combined them in a few triggers
-Made the maze a bit shorter and little terrain changes
-Added a new game difficulty: Extreme (see the difficulties for info)
-Addes a 'range check' to every worker. It does now show the real range of tower but shows some circles with default ranges
-Creeps that cast something don't do it by them self now so that they need to stop. It's now dummy casted
-Reworked the bonus waves. You will maybe get fewer gold. But it's more balanced now.
-Added some in-game hints for 'secret' stuff
-Added a few possibilities to achieve bonus stuff:
->Winning very hard or extreme will give you a textcode to unlock 5 bonus waves
->Winning the extreme mode will give you a savecode for a new race
->Winning very hard or extreme with bonus waves enabled will give you a textcode for a bonus tower
->The codes can only be used in the first 5 minutes of a game!

---Race Changes---
-Added a new race: The Nightelfs. They can only be randomed.
-Added a new race: The Mercenaries. Win the extreme mode to achieve them.
-Added more spells to autocast
#Undeads#
-Sapphiron now has a new spell 'frostbomb' (made by nichts)
-Acolytes now directly collect gold
-The army of the Lichking doesn't die anymore
-Patchwerk's hateful strike was kinda broken and now works again
#WoW#
-Molten Destroyer can now be upgraded to Golemagg
-Added a new summon spell to Nefarian and Nefarius
#Demons#
-Added the Chaos Warlord tower to the fel orc gateway.
-Demon Crystal can now be upgraded to a Greater Demon Crystal
#Underworld#
-Fixed the build issue for Vor'tax and nightlord while Dalia is morphed
#Special#
-weakened the Stone Golem
-Magnataur now has the multi shockwave to make him a bit more valuable
-Reworked the Scorpion to Crystal Scorpion with 2 new spells

---Misc Stuff---
-Added a spell to the Avatar Boss
-Added a new column to the multiboard which shows the current wave of each player
-All timers are now shown via the multiboard. The 'lumber timer' from 0.96 is now unused
-Bug fixes
-A lot of other small changes i can't remember
---0.96---

-Underworld race has been added. You can pick them by choosing the Underworld Ambassador
-Used custom model: DemonTower by HappyTauren
-known issue: while Royal Warden or Dalia are using the Shadow Soul you can not build or upgrade the Nightlord. just wait until the metamorph is over (maybe someone knows a way to solve that)

-every worker has a stack of "Tower Displacers" now. If you use the item it will create a summoning pedestal which has the size of a tower. the pedestal can "summon"; a tower to regain the build spot of the tower without selling it.

-added some summoning spells to autocast

-1 new "secret"

-a few little balance changes

-memory leak fixes (but i think there is still memory leak which will be needed to fix)
---0.95a---

-fixed the spawn bug for player 8 (pink) - thanks to frozenfenrir
-archmage special tower still has the manaregaura but it does nothing and will be soon replaced by something else
---0.95---

-better minimap image
-custom loading screen

-lose and win cinematics can also be seen in solo mode
->new win cinematic

-reworked map balance, i think it's more difficult on all modes now
-changed easy values to 35 lives from 50 and sell to 90% from 100% and mob hp from 80% to 85%

-a lot of towers got slightly changed to fit the new balance. some towers got new abilities.
-Kil'jaeden and Nature worker start with a special tower like Tamer now. Nature tower has an attack so build it next to the way
-implemented 2 "secrets"

-many small changes and fixes

Credits

Credits

---Models---
AncientExplode, DoomsDay, Nuke Model: WillTheAlMighty
Infernal Robot: Donut3.5
DemonTower, Power Lich: HappyTauren
BossOmega: Callahan
Bloodelfenwarrior: Appendix
SpiralAura: JetfangInferno
FireBlink: Pyritie
Demon Slasher: General Frank

---Icons---
BTNResurrect: Elenai
BTNAdvancedMoonGlaive: Mullar
BTNDemonTower: HappyTauren
BTNNukeBomb: MC!
BTNKingArthas: General Frank
BTNDragonStoneRainbow, BTNCRTaurUltimate: CrazyRussian
BTNShreddingTrap: ValkYron
BTNEgg: ?
BTNTechbeamblade: ?

---Systems---
Ascii+Codemaker+TimerUtils+CoolTimers+SimError: Vexorian
LinkedList: Ammorth
Perfect Unit Indexing: Cohadar
SpellEvent: Antiarf

---Tools---
JassNewGenPack: from www.wc3c.net
Vexorians Map Optimizer: Vexorian
GMSI: Gex
Widgetizer: PitzerMike
Comments about balance, gameplay, bugs and typos are still needed.

Important Hint: This map has been optimized with widgetizer and mapoptimizer. So it's acutally "protected" and can't be opened in the editor. I will soon upload a normal version.
Contents

Upadoro TD v0.985 (Map)

Reviews
09:59, 26th Oct 2008 Rui: The map required a category. I added one myself. "Upadoro TD" is a tower defense game - you must build towers in order to stop waves of creeps. I have reviewed version 0.96 of this map, and you may find the comment here...
Level 2
I got a new problem.
Every time I host a game people keep getting either disconnected or it's a server split.
And this time when I played as Night Elf for the first time I got a WC3 error, forgot to write down what it said though.

Level 6
i think mac users have some problems. if you are a mac user and download the map first time via battle.net leave the gamelobby and join the game again. then you wont get a dc after starting.

when did the dcs and server splits occur? early or mid game or to the end?

and what where you doing during the wc3 error? never had while playing nightelfs.

Level 2
when did the dcs and server splits occur? early or mid game or to the end?

and what where you doing during the wc3 error? never had while playing nightelfs.

I don't know when the DC/Server Split occured because my BL doesn't tell me when it does :/ But I think it was mid game.

The WC3 error was when I was about to place flesh golem, it was the wave after the wave where you get flesh golem.
I never placed it but I accidently right clicked when holdingthe "building" place thingy.

Level 6
okay i tried to reproduce the error but it must be something else or a very rare error. i don't know.

and another question: did the people lag out? or did they just drop without lag screen?

i noticed that the map could lag on weak pcs very hard because of all the effects.
and memory leak is always a strange problem. maybe you played another map before and still had memory leak from that one. because i think the map is actually nearly free of memory leak if there is not somewhere a big mistake in the code.

Level 1
Just thought i'd mention if you play alone, and at purple the units can't leak no matter what. They just stop moving beside the pitlord looking guys.

Level 2
btw.

btw, awesome map, I loved it 1 year ago and I am loving it now :)

thanks for being a active mapper and actually reading the replies :p

Level 2
Found some bugs and some things that didn't really work and I got some questions.
1: I made the cortes tower by combining 2 towers but what is the glowing orb thing for??
2: You said something about -save, it does not work.
3: Is really kil'jaeden supposed to follow him when they look exactly the same with the picture? Cause it kinda looks like Upadoro is gonna follow himself into the rift and kill himself :p
4: Can't you create a XP thing like in Kindergarten TD?? Make more races that unlocks when you get more xp and you either get xp for surviving 1 wave or perhaps the boss waves (hero waves) or maybe for surviving the whole map. But, if you make it surviving the whole map then you should give people longer time than 20 sec to save, around 1 min would be better.
5: People got "Timeout" from the game again.. I forgot to save the replay so I can't check when it was but I think it was around wave 15-30.
6: No crash for me this time so hopefully it was a one time thing.

Level 6
1. that's something you have to find out for yourself
2. if you win the extreme mode there should be a colored message like "the result code is: xxxxx" just write the code down and next game write "-load BonusRace" and then enter the code. actually you can only get a code when the map starts with at least 2 real player. (actually to prevent cheating a code)
3. kil'jaeden has a burning picture, the name is different and he is much smaller. i think the different is noticeable.
4. no i actually don't plan a xp system. but there could come other things to achieve
5. people who timeout have a bad connection or pc. can't fix that. i could only fix reasons for instant disconnects or server splits.
6. yeah don't know. i never had a fatal error while playing.

Level 4
Hi...
After 8 times playing in Vhard, after a few disconnection and a few time the units blocked in the prison i hoped all that was gone with the updates HOWEVER !
At the phenix level those damn units went back to the prison ARGHHHHH !!!
damn it has been five time already that unit went back (phenix problem was in 9.7b) so plz ADD A COMMAND OR A CHECK TRIGGER to allow us to send the "blocked creep" right where they should be.

Level 2
ArnaudB, as he said in a earlier reply it was a typo that caused that problem.
So just tell him about the problem and perhaps he can fix it if it's the same problem.

btw, its 0.97b, not 9.7b.

btw#2, I am trying to make my first map and it's just a basic one with no advanced triggers, how do I lock the teams and races? I want all of them to have human race as start race and they arent supposed to be able to change.

Last edited:
Level 6
okay we are actually investigating if the problem lies within the jasshelper. we used 0.9.E.0 and we know now that this version has some bugs with 2 dimensional arrays. so we need to check all of them again and look if this is the reason for the problems.

Level 6
ok we found lots of memory leaks and fixed them. this should solve the dc problems.

and after some testing we have never seen the mentioned fatal errors, had no disconnects and no creeps started walking back. so it should work now.

if you still get these issues please report it here.
and we could need some information like an uploaded replay or just answer some questions: how much players? which races? which mode? which difficulty? in which wave did the problem occur?

Level 2
doh.

I was playing on extreme and suddenly all units returned to spawn or got stuck.
I took some screenshots.
You can see the races,waves and stuff like that in the score board.

btw, had to resize them a bit so the quality kinda got bad on some of them.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041109_123635_02.tga
    3.9 MB · Views: 196
  • WC3ScrnShot_041109_123638_03.tga
    3.9 MB · Views: 131
  • WC3ScrnShot_041109_123640_04.tga
    2.9 MB · Views: 91
  • WC3ScrnShot_041109_123645_05.tga
    2.9 MB · Views: 97
  • WC3ScrnShot_041109_123652_06.tga
    3.7 MB · Views: 104
Level 6
ok in a few cases there are still some bugs with the creeps. but the waypoint problems seem to appear only in games with lots of players. so i would say if you don't want to risk any bugs play with 4 players max.
we are still looking for the reason of this problem and hope we can fix it soon.

Level 1
ok in a few cases there are still some bugs with the creeps. but the waypoint problems seem to appear only in games with lots of players. so i would say if you don't want to risk any bugs play with 4 players max.
we are still looking for the reason of this problem and hope we can fix it soon.

the waypoint prob also appears in singleplayer =(

Level 6
just a little update: Nichts found the error and we have to do a lot of workarounds now. the mistake seems to be something in the coding of warcraft3 setting to many triggers and timers null can cause corrupted handle ids. if this happens and a corrupted handle id is applied to a creep they are getting stuck or turn back.

i will upload the hopefully stable version as fast as possible.

---
uploaded the new version. it should be stable again now. but if there are any new bugs i can't fix them until saturday.
i'm sorry for the retarded versions.

and @Bloodlaus: did you put a special tower into the farseer and then upgraded? that could have caused the fatal error. but it is also fixed now.

Last edited:
Level 6
No matter what mode I play or how many people, on lvl 27 (the felstalker antimagic one) they do 2 things. they just seem to stop moving after a while. And 1/2 times one stalker returns to the spawn point. It's still not fixed in version .97d.

Edit:I noticed that the glitch only happens on wave 27, and that it's always a banished unit that runs to the starting point. It may be due to an issue with the banish spell.

Last edited:
Level 4
I just tested that wave 25 times and not a single felstalker stopped moving so the issue seems to be somewere else (btw the trigger seems to be fine too) - because of that it would be helpful if you could provide a little bit more information like: what races where in the game when you encounted the bug, what mode did you play (solo/team), how many players survived unitl that wave and maybe some screenshots or even better a replay

anyway thank you for the report i'm trying to figure it out but i'm currently short on information and i can't update the map till saturday (when epixbelongtome is avaible again)

edit: did you always play the same race? did it only happen to you? and what was the last tower you build before it stoped working?

Last edited:
Level 1
Normally I don't really like TDs, but this TD I love! I dislike TDs that require more mazing then placement.

Level 4
Hello, thank for the leak fix, now it work without problem. The only thing i still wonder is how to get the secret race ? i won in Extreme and got the secret code then i played in Vhard (without the code enabled) but i didn't got the race, only the book with the secrets word so how can we have the mercenary race exactly ?

Edit : Okay, got the mercenary race, very well done indeed, however i'm still unable to gain the tower bonus, someone know how to do the trick ?

Last edited:
Level 4
At the start of the game enter "-load bonusrace" (without the " of course) after that you are asked to provide your code via -password ###### (###### beeing your code)

edit: a little hint about the (several bonus towers): i'm somewhere on that map (Nichts) click on me and i'll provide you with a little bit of information - but thats all i'll give you now and if you know the secrets please don't spoiler them here. after all they are ment to be figured out on your own. don't ruin that please.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well up until now i have found 3 secrets, is there anymore ? and can we unlock a tower bonus by finishing becuase in the change log it's say that we can unlock the 5 waves bonus, the mercenary race (I have both) and a tower bonus but what exactly is need to do because what is say and what we must do seem to be different.... So what is the point ?

Level 2
I know how to get the tower thing, bonus race (mercenary) but no idea how to get to the bonus waves.

Level 6
so i'm back. i looks like the map is working again. but we will look if there is still a bug with the felhunters.

the following text contains spoilers if you wanna find the secrets for yourself!
secrets
yeah and secrets: i just wanna say there are 3 secrets than can be directly discovered. 2 towers and 1 tower improvement.

yeah mercenaries seems to be clear. win the extreme mode and get the code so you can use them next game.
once you have a code you don't need a new one for every game. it can be always used from that point.
NOTE!: mercenary code does only apply if you don't pick another race.

1 bonus tower -> win very hard with bonus waves enabled (will give you a textcode, can also only be used in the next game and will drop from the archmage boss in wave 15)

bonus waves -> win very hard or extreme and get the book with the message

NOTE!: Both text messages must be used in the first 5 minutes of the game!

Level 1
Hey Epix,
I just made Upadoro Td clear on Very hard with 55waves and i didn't even got a text code or smt else, i just saw the outro cinematic where upa kills the lichs and the 3heros dunno who really was it went through the portal. I wonder is the tower on very hard with bonus or extreme with bonus? Please help me if i just don't saw the textcode that i need to read, cause of the first code i get from the item in the inventory of the avatar but the general at wave55 doesn't got inventory slots :-/
Hope u can help me.

Level 1
I finally managed to make it on extreme with extra waves and i need to say... mercenaries are fucking overpowered... alone the last tower (the grey paladin) made i think the 2nd money wave alone? his splash is great and his chaincast is bit too powerful 9000dmg and only 5% dmg less after every target? this is too hardcore for a ultimate tower, in addition the whole race got splash or a bouncing attack. At all it is a "bonus" race but for a bonus race it is more like a "god" race, you wrote difficult 5/5 but i would say its just -1/5. I hope u undestand what i mean and sry for my bad english, im just a lazy german^^

Level 1
Hi I am a Korean who enjoying your map. And I have a question.
There's 10 race in a list of the race. But I can't find tenth race.
How can I get the tenth race code? (It doesn't mean Mercenaries.)
And is there any other secrets? (except you said in the above topic)

And I'm not that good at English because I'm a Koean.
I hope you understand it.

Level 6
Hi I am a Korean who enjoying your map. And I have a question.
There's 10 race in a list of the race. But I can't find tenth race.
How can I get the tenth race code? (It doesn't mean Mercenaries.)
And is there any other secrets? (except you said in the above topic)

And I'm not that good at English because I'm a Koean.
I hope you understand it.

there are 8 pickable races. mercenaries can be achieved and nightelfs are random only. thats means you take random and with little luck you get them.

Level 1
Hotkeys for Mercs are messed up, as well with other races, the Ogre Mage's hotkey "Z" for Fork Lightning casts Bind Totem. Roland's "Z" hotkey does not work at all. Dimensional Shifter's keys are messed up on some units, too. The "Z" hot key does not work with some abilities. Please fix this or put Autocasting back in on Extreme. As this makes Extreme Mode WAY harder than it has to be.

Level 6
Hotkeys for Mercs are messed up, as well with other races, the Ogre Mage's hotkey "Z" for Fork Lightning casts Bind Totem. Roland's "Z" hotkey does not work at all. Dimensional Shifter's keys are messed up on some units, too. The "Z" hot key does not work with some abilities. Please fix this or put Autocasting back in on Extreme. As this makes Extreme Mode WAY harder than it has to be.

works fine for me and no problems with the hotkeys. maybe you changed the language of your keyboard? alt+shift changes the language for example on a german keyboard z and y are swapped. and if you change to english y is z and z is y.
only the ogre mage had messed up hotkeys. i fixed it. thanks for the hint.

EPW

EPW

Level 4
First of all, what is the point of pulse gem? I played many races and not one required the gem. Another thing, to make it more enhanced, add a Team attack mode, where the gate opens up and all monsters go through the other player's maze as well, and each team both sends and defends with a chance of dropping something. For example, Team One sends a Paladin Boss to Team Two, and the first player leaks, Teal, then Purple can kill it with a 33% chance of dropping something related to the Paladin. Just a thought, if you do, just make the monsters more buffed. :p

Level 6
hehe many people ask me about the pulsing crystal. i can just say it's not related to any race or other special towers. it's combined with a little extra component.
and i already thought about more modes. but if i add something like that it must have a good plan and fit the map.

actually I'm working on 0.98 with a new feature and some additions but it will still take some time to balance and complete it.
but I'm also open for any ideas. So if someone has an idea like the comment above please post it. or if you found any bugs or imbalances.

EPW

EPW

Level 4
Here is some more ideas.

Here is another idea I forgot to mention (mostly because it was late at night and I probably was high), maybe make it where special towers (such as Paladin or Evolution tower) cannot be moved in the hardest difficulty nor can be combined to make hidden (such as that
Paladin and Knight Tower
) for added difficulty, or maybe even a new difficulty altogether like a Legendary Difficulty which gives you a code for both Mercenaries and a new race, Legends.

One more thing, maybe add more rounds, and round types for even more difficulty?

Healing - Every 5 seconds, the units heal for some damage based on round and difficulty.
Divine - Every 15 seconds, the units cast divine armor, making them immune to damage.
Unyielding - The units take less damage from both tower and magic damage based on round and difficulty.
Ethereal - The units cannot be hit with physical damage, only magic damage.
Never Ending - The units have a chance to come back to life based on round and difficulty.
Myths - The units will split into weaker units upon death.

That's just some ideas for Round types.

I know some ideas are not that great, but always take into consideration for more options that players have to be challenged with. If you have any questions about triggers or such, do not be afraid to privately message me your problems or concerns (or ask any of the THW members as well :mwahaha:).

Level 1
I beat this game in the hardest mode and i got the code where u can add extra rounds but there is no merc race....I don't see how to use them at all.
Can anyone help me out...?

Level 1
Hey guys could some1 give me strategy guide for Demons please? I finished this TD with all races except Demons... Thanks!

Level 6
the code for the merc race is given for beating the extreme mode. its a colored text code which is posted as a text message. but i will check the trigger if there is maybe a bug or maybe it was spammed away. i think i will need another way of posting it then.

Level 1
lolz lolz
strategy isn't needed anymore ;)
i finished the game with demons
BUT i found a buggy
i think i've seen it in this thread
about those crystals appearing near your maze and your nickname changing to "Lost!" althought you have 35 lives -_-

Level 1
I just wonder that why don't you continue this map with new races? I have played this map for a week to now and I just say that it's very great! I've completed all race with all difficulty levels (of course conclude Extreme Mode with no C-H-E-A-T!).

Level 6
i'm still working on it but i don't have that much time actually like i had before.

but version 0.98 will still need some time. new triggers and balance aren't finished yet.
i think the new additions which will be made will bring some strategy into the game or atleast something except of just building every tower.

edit 2: 0.97e should work with 1.24. read the changelog in the hive discription.
The map is still not optimized for better loading times. but i will do it for 0.98 then.

Last edited: