• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UoHE] Help to balance new neutral heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
We will have new heroes in the tavern. Are they balanced? Are they OP? Please share your opinion with us, so we can make your experience better.

The Necromancer : Intellect
Master of dark magic, raiser of the dead.
By his cold hand, hundreds and hundreds was risen from their graves! Knows abilities such as "Grip of death", "Call of the dead", "Dead Rising" and "Fear".

Call of the Dead :
Health of enemies in a selected area, is automatically transfered to nearby friendly units and caster itself,
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana cost: 80 mana
Selection radius: 450
Damage radius: 250

Level 1:
Damage: 25HP to all enemies in an area
Health transferred: 30HP to all nearby allies

Level 2:
Damage: 40HP to all enemies in an area
Health transferred: 50HP to all nearby allies

Level 3:
Damage: 60HP to all enemies in an area
Health transferred: 80HP to all nearby allies

Dead rising :
Uses nearby corpses to raise skeletons.
If the corpse is that of mage, raises Skeleton Mage.
For all other units raises normal Skeletons.
(If there are no corpses present, summon 1 skeleton)
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana cost: 120 mana
Radius: 500 around hero

Level 1:
Corpse limit: 3
Mana cost: 120

Level 2:
Corpse limit: 4
Mana cost: 105

Level 3:
Corpse limit: 5
Mana cost: 95

Fear :
Necromancer does a death scream! All enemies near him, receive an attack and armor penalty.
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Mana cost: 100 mana
Radius: 400 around hero

Level: 1
Attack and armor reduced by 15%

Level: 2
Attack and armor reduced by 30%

Level: 3
Attack and armor reduced by 45%

Grip of death : Ultimate
Dead hands rise on a selected location, dealing damage and slowing any enemies that walk on it, at the end of it's duration explodes dealing some damage.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Mana cost: 200 mana
Selection radius: 500
Damage radius: 300
P.S Caster can't move or attack, and need to channel this spell for it's duration.

Level 1:
Damage: 10HP/sec
Slow: 50%
Final damage: 200HP
Duration 8 seconds.
Keeper of time | Intellect
The ancient librarian, keeper of wisdom. Master of time magic,
controlling the time flow he keeps timelines in tact. Knows abillities: "Time Rift" , "Wisdom of time" , "Seal of time" and "Continuum Twist".

Time Rift
Creates a sealed time crystal, which on contact with enemy opens up, locking all enemies near it and decreases their armor.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Mana cost: 80 mana

Duration of lock: 3 seconds
Duration of crystal: 15 seconds

Duration of lock: 4 seconds
Duration of crystal: 20 seconds

Duration of lock: 5 seconds
Duration of crystal: 25 seconds

Wisdom of time
After each abillity use, Keeper gains intellect. Wisdom stacks are reset on death.
[Passive]

+0.5 Intellect per skill
Mana cap: +10

+1 Intellect per skill
Mana cap: +15

+1.5 Intellect per skill
Mana cap: +20

Seal of Time
Seals the fate of selected enemy, by the end of day/night they will die a gruesome death.
Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Mana cost: 150 mana

Max level: 3

Max level: 6
Mana cost: 130

Max level: 9
Mana cost: 110

Continuum Twist|ultimate
By the forces of time and space, all enemy units are sealed and can't do anything for the next 5 seconds.

level: 1
Duration: 5
Units can't do anything
Radius: Whole map.

Last edited:

San

San

Level 32
His ultimate(?) Fear is dull compared to Grip of Death.
Since Grip of Death is already a slowing ability, you could change Fear's move speed penalty to buffs for his minions etc.
Not much to say about the balancing since I haven't play the campaign, but draining more health(Draining Aura) than damage dealt sounds a bit illogical and OP in my opinion.

Level 22
To me it seems way over powered.. The ultimate is insanely good, 55% armor reduction and 20% damage increase to friendly units, and 55% slow for enemy and 30% speed increase for friendly units, cast Grip of death on top of it for extra 35% or 50% slow, and have aura on top of all that which constantly drains 6 hp a second and restores it to friendly units!
Your opponents units are barely moving, while they're also taking increased damage, being damaged over time in aoe and even have their health drained passively - only thing your opponent can do is tp and hope to engage you when your ulti is on cd.

The Drain Aura is way better than Vampire Aura even though Vampire Aura requires units to hit a target in order to recover the hp. For example if units are constantly hitting with Vampire Aura level 3 I think Ghoul drains about 5 damage per second and Abomination drains about 8 damage per second, but they're most likely not gonna be constantly hitting so probably way less.

I like the hero idea though, the synergy between abilities looks interesting.

Level 12
As mentioned by other users, "Draining aura" seems overpowered, but the idea itself is very good. I think rearranging the abilities will solve the problems:

1. Change "Draining Aura" to an actively channeled ability: The ability itself is very cool, why not flash it out as an actively channeled one, you can even up the HP drained a bit like that.

2. Nerf "Fear" and remove it from the ultimate spot: While the effect is powerful, the spell sounds very underwhelming. It would do to have it in a regular spot instead of an ult.

3. Set "Grip of death" as the ultimate ability: I think this ability has a lot of what it takes for a good ultimate, just need to tweak it a bit. Maybe something like this:
Raise dead hands at the selected location, dealing damage and slowing any enemies that walk on it. Any unit dying under affect of the hands' "slow buff" will spawn instantly as a skeleton and refund the necromancer with a small amount of mana

Level 14
Updated the skills!
P.S about "Dead Rising" In our mode in melee mod mages will have their own class like "Undead" or "Mechanical" so it's a synergy with that.
I also want to make a synergy with night time, so if it's night, then he rises a +1 bonus skeleton. What do you think about this?

Last edited:
Level 28
If I understand correctly, Time Rift stuns attackers and reduces their armor whenever they attack. Shouldn't he have a spell that stuns non-attackers (channelers)?
Intelligence boost should have a cap.
I'm not sure about Seal of Time, especially as an autokill. As is, it should definitely have a level cap that increases, and maybe prevent exp and gold gain.
The ultimate might cause some bugs with the AI. Does it pause or just stun?

^^ Are there units with daytime boosts like that one?

Level 14
If I understand correctly, Time Rift stuns attackers and reduces their armor whenever they attack. Shouldn't he have a spell that stuns non-attackers (channelers)?
Intelligence boost should have a cap.
I'm not sure about Seal of Time, especially as an autokill. As is, it should definitely have a level cap that increases, and maybe prevent exp and gold gain.
The ultimate might cause some bugs with the AI. Does it pause or just stun?

^^ Are there units with daytime boosts like that one?
1)Time rift pauses all units that are caught in the radius
2)It has a cap It's just not defined yet.
3)It says max.level in skill levels...
4)Ultimate, same as time rift pauses all enemies on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.