• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unstable Concoction not resulting in death. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Another way you can do this is by adding the casting unit to a unit group then make a trigger that checks when that unit dies so you can recreate/revive it.
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Unstable Concoction
    • Actions
      • Groupe unit - Add (Triggering unit) to TempGroup
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in TempGroup) Equal to TRUE
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from TempGroup

Level 9
Another way you can do this is by adding the casting unit to a unit group then make a trigger that checks when that unit dies so you can recreate/revive it.
Isn't recreated/revived unit with full hp though?
I want the unit to just not die after using this ability, having the same amount of hp and buffs/debuffs as before.

Level 28
Well, unstable concoction is quite hardcoded but you could use a different ability as a base like Finger of death or Acid bomb with a low casting range (i:e : 100). It should look the same as unstable concoction but without killing the caster. The only problem however is the movement speed since unstable concoction adds a bonus movement speed when casted but I guess you can always use triggers to add that bonus.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, unstable concoction is quite hardcoded but you could use a different ability as a base like Finger of death or Acid bomb with a low casting range (i:e : 100). It should look the same as unstable concoction but without killing the caster.
Pity. Finger of Death or Acid Bomb are out of the question because I need an ability where the caster is actually the "projectile".

Anyway, thanks for help +2Rep

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Here's a triggered Unstable Concoction with the suicide aspect removed from it. It should be similar enough to the original ability, although you'll probably have to mess around with the Speed to get it right.

Configure the "UC Cast" trigger to modify the damage, speed, and area of effect. The variables to adjust are between "CONFIGURE:" and "END".

Attachments

• New Concoction.w3x
    29 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 9
@Uncle
OMG, you rock dude!
Although it's still not what I meant. Maybe I will present what I am working for:
I make an ability for the Harpy Rogue named 'Dive Attack'. It looks like 'Charge' ability from WoW except that attack is from air.
I've already worked out an "alpha" version of this ability (via triggers). It still needs some work though.

Your ability would be fine, but the animation doesn't fit my concept. The unit attacking a land units with your ability do not dive down, its animation of "charging" is like he was attacking an air unit, just flies forward on the same ceiling instead of steadily reduced.

Anyway I will probably use your ability for something else :) I rep'ed you for your sacrificed time.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
I can easily modify it to make it work how you want. It would only take a few minutes.

Edit: Uploaded it. I think it's what you wanted.

I was a bit lazy with the Flying Height stuff and I'm not very good at math so I sort of just threw in my own little formula for calculating the Flying Height. That being said I think it looks good.

Attachments

• Dive Spell v.1.w3x
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 9
Excellent job :)
Maybe upload it to Spells resources section. This is very well made and may be useful for others.

Thank you for help. You're very good coder.

EDIT. Just one more tiny objection. When the unit is diving, it plays visual and sound fiery effect. I initially thought it's just due to Batrider animations, but I changed a model to different unit and it still plays the effects.
Yet I'll take a look to the ability's setting in Object Editor, maybe it's configurable there.

EDIT2. Nah, it's not configurable there. Maybe it can be easily changed in your code?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.