• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor crashes when Abilities tab is selected in the Object Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
After I created a spell, I tested it and it resulted in Warcraft 3 crashing.

When I tried to take a look at the spell via the World Editor, the editor immediately stopped working when I clicked on the "Abilities" tab of the Object Editor. And I have no idea why would it act this way.

I can't delete the spell now as the editor would stop working when I try to access the Abilities.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Level 16
Out of curiosity, which spell did you use and which fields did you modify?

As to fixing your problem:

- You could post the map here and see if someone else can deleat the ability for you. Long shot, but may work.

- Try opening your map and deleting the ability with a different editor.

- Use your backup. You should update your map after each save. If something goes wrong with your current, delete it and use your backup

Level 1
I believe I created the spell based on "Earthquake", and I modified its AoE to 1000, I think.

I haven't tried opening it using a different editor, I'll try, thanks :)

Level 1
Earthquake with massive AoE crashes games, though I've never seen the Editor crash when you modify Earthquake's AoE.

Ah, well, I guess I did put the AoE a little too much. Well I am baffled that the editor acted this way after I edited that spell... :vw_wtf:

It's not my map actually, it's someone else's map, I just wanted to edit it for fun (no intention to upload) and now it's ruined :(

Well I guess I'll upload the map here. I kind of forgot the name of the ability (I created it months ago, but I didn't really care about the error at that time, however, right now I hope it can finally be solved). The ability should be under custom Orc abilities, and I vaguely remember its name has something to do with "Shattering".

The map has some funny features though. If someone is able to delete that spell, that would be really nice.

Attachments

• Empire Builder by Dark_dagger EDITED2 - Copy.w3x
    235.8 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.