• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Units stop following when you move

Level 1
Hello, I'm am currently making a map where you have to survive being followed by a lot of creatures at once.
I am encountering an issue though where after a certain amount of creeps spawn and start following you, they would stop when you move and start chasing again if you stop.
I took a screenshot which doesn't show movement but my character is moving and all the creatures just watch til I stop.
Someone got any ideas how to fix this ? please !

mymaphelp.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 68
Hello, it sounds like you're dealing with an issue related to high unit counts + triggered orders.

Try splitting the creeps among different Computer players. Hopefully your map has some open slots. I tend to give ~60 units per CPU. Also, I've heard that having a smaller collision size on the creeps can help as well, so maybe do both.

The CPUs can share the same color/name by using triggers and/or modifying their names in the Player Properties menu. That way the creeps will appear to be owned by the same Player despite being divided amongst many. If this causes problems in your triggers (IE: Unit owned by Player X) I can suggest some simple solutions.

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks a lot ! Creating more computers worked.
Can't seem to change the color of a unit's health bar though so they all appear like a rainbow xd

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 68
Thanks a lot ! Creating more computers worked.
Can't seem to change the color of a unit's health bar though so they all appear like a rainbow xd
How did you change their colors? I'm pretty sure there's an easy fix.

Last edited:
Level 1
Well I can't change ownership since I need creeps to be owned by different computers or they overload and stop moving.
If I only change the color of the unit it changes its model but not its health bar. I used this trigger :
  • Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to Light Blue
I want to change their health color too or else they appear like a rainbow and hurt my eyes xd
helpmyrainbowself.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 68
You want to change the color of the Player:
  • Change Colors Of Computers
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Change the Player Numbers to match your Computer player slots! --------
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Player number of (Picked player)) Greater than or equal to 12
              • (Player number of (Picked player)) Less than or equal to 24
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Change color of (Picked player) to Brown, Changing color of existing units
              • Player - Set name of (Picked player) to Monsters
            • Else - Actions
But they need to be actual Computers.

cpu.png

Attachments

• CPU Color Fix 1.w3m
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: