• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

max moving neutral units without stopping constantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
when making a tower defense,

its a common bug that, when theres too many units on the map who are given the "move" command, they stop and walk and stop and walk and stop constantly.

is there a known number for the amount of units a map can carry, without stopping?

i need to know if my tower defense map has to stay 4-player or if i can possibly make it 6 or 8 player.

thank you very much

Level 3
No, he doesnt mean Collision. Hes talking about when you spawn so many units into the map, theres a maximum number that can be changed so that when they are all ordered to move, none of them will stop because the max was reached.

Im not sure how to do it, but I know you can, try looking in the Gameplay Constants in the Advanced Menu.

Level 12
"This will issue an order to at most 12 units from the specified unit group."

What ever could this mean?!

Level 2
im not sure i know what ur asking becuse in footmen vs grunts it happens. i assume maybe 100 to 350.

Level 11
Maybe this happens cuz of too much used memory on other stuff in addition to the units. You might want to make it so thers no leaks to reduce lag as much as possible. Thers a string called Things That Leak and it says how to make it so you dont have leaks, you might want to read that.

Level 17
It is inevitable that the stop-and-go occurence will happen. A map can only run smoothly with so many units. But by removing leaks and making the map run as efficiently as possible, you can prolong this effect. =D

Level 12
You could also do what I've seen most TD's do:

Give each player an infinite range tower that deals 1 damage very slowly, so people can poke the units to move.

Level 2
You could also do what I've seen most TD's do:

Give each player an infinite range tower that deals 1 damage very slowly, so people can poke the units to move.

that shouldnt change the fact. that they are stuck.

Level 21
In my experience, it's maximum 100 units per player (actual number will be less depending on other stressful factors, such as aura's, etc.). That is: it's less likely the orders will lag when issued on 600 units owned by 6 different players than when all 600 units are owned by the same player.

Status
Not open for further replies.