• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units don't fight back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm having a problem with my map recently...

Some times, the monsters get stuck on nothing (really, they simply stand still doing nothing. They're not even near other monsters) and they don't even fight back when attacked by other heroes.

I have an anti-stuck systems that always worked, and I always tell the units to attack-move to the goal when they're created, but they sometimes decide to stop running there.

any ideas of what might be causing this?

Level 15
Yes..maybe one of your triggers issues other commands at those creeps?I once had the same problem with my map.My creeps were moving-attacking normally,until i added some spells to them.After they used the spells,they just stucked at this point,cause i were giving them a new order,overwriting the attack/move one.Maybe you have a similar problem?

Level 9
lol i can't believe nobody has already said this.

there is a commonly known issue with the warcraft engine, and when there is too many units bein commanded to move, they get stuck and advance a tiny tiny bit every 4/5 seconds.

Level 15
lol i can't believe nobody has already said this.

there is a commonly known issue with the warcraft engine, and when there is too many units bein commanded to move, they get stuck and advance a tiny tiny bit every 4/5 seconds.

This is true,you can see it in many warcraft maul maps.But mecatronic has another problem...his units just stuck!

Level 11
The way your describing this is what most of the people are referring to as a Command Lag, like oxxo said the warcraft engine cannot handle more than 200 units per player. Solution to this, don't give the computer 200 units... just boost up there stats if you think there to weak. The Command Lag effects are: Units are given orders but do not execute them, Units move but stopped at some point, units cannot attack even if there at melee range.

Level 11
There are many problems with WC3 Engine biggest being command lag which a player can only control a certain amount of units to make the orders excecute properly.

There is the Graphical glitch were to many imported models are on one screen, this problem is caused usually by the models that have a high poly count.

Level 22
You could always use a trigger that commands those 'monsters' to move, attack or whatever ever 60 or whatever time seconds with Time - Every XX seconds of game time. If I want a PC/neutral controlled to be attacking and using spells smartly, I always go a series of commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.