• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Player's unit are moving back Oo... help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm making survivor map and sometimes units are turning back and go back to starting position where there were spawned, how to prevent this ? Players are set as computers (11 and 12) in start menu, team 1(1,2,3,4,5,11) team 2 rest.

Happens when they are stucked coz of 1st line of units, an they cant pass thru units so they keep sitting after way clears up again, how to prevent this ?

Before they turn back but i ignored guard positions.

Level 18
Well, mainly units are trying to find their own ways through some mazes or anything else, if the space isn't enough they turn back and try another way, they can't find some so they walk back to that position before.. and so on and so on..

so you got some ways to actually pretend that.. one way would be to reduce the collision size so they block chance is way smaller.. or add the "ghost" ability to it (there are two kind of ghost abilities, one that makes the unit invisible and the other one not), it will remove the whole collision size from the unit.

the other way would be, if the maze or waypoints aren't that complicated, you could make sme anti-stuck regions, create some regions that are filling the whole pathing of the creeps and add some loop action to that regions like "every 1 seconds order all units in region X to move to region Y"

Level 11
Its one way maze, like enfos has, i opened enfos map in editor and there you have, create unit, ignore guard position of last created unit, attack-move last created unit to point.

And other trigger has every 1 second pick every units and order them to attack-move point.

But in my map if put 2nd trigger, (every 1 second), creeps are every second stopping and moving, like they are retarded -.-' , or like they lagg.

CAN I SOMEHOW DETECT IF UNIT IS in (stop) action or NOT(attacking) so i can order than that unit to move ? There must be a way, survivor maps like enfos i played dont have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.