• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Unit creep movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have a siege type game im workin on and i have the units start and spawn from the middle and go to the corners to fight each team
They stay there because i edited the game-play contents of creep guard distance and guard return distance so they dont go back to their spawn point right away..
BUT when they are very low health they start to retreat and go back to their spawn point after their health is in red.. why? and how do i stop that from happening..?

Level 13
hah yeah ill do that too forgot about that. its default 5 secs but they didnt return for like 3mins prob not until they were close to dying..
and not all at once either just the individuals that were about to die. sure that time thing will fix that issue?

Level 11
i have no idea lol
And are the creeps the default creeps? or did you make custom units?
Maybe you could make them for neutral passive instead and set neutral passive as an enemy for all players via trigger. (im assuming your having the problem because the units are owned by neutral hostile)

Level 13
Cool will that work with hostile and neutral extra players? or just players 1-12?
i tried changing that time return to the highest it goes but that didnt help either. they still flee when getting weak. how does a TD do it when they are getting attacked and they just keep walking? they dont return..

Level 13
nope that doesnt work for player 13 and 15, the units still retreat when under heavy attack or low health about to die.. :/

that AI line only probably works if there's an actual AI running i dont have any AI script running.. its just the default wc3 actions interfering..

Last edited:
Level 13
you mean use move unit instantly trigger?
i could do that i suppose but it would make it look kinda messy..
the distance they move is already pretty small, in wc terns i'd say like maybe 1200-1400 range tops.

You ever do testing on bnet by chance? i could show ya the beta i got so far of this new mode. Clan HPMM @ east :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No, I really meant patrol. Its one of the unit orders a player can issue.
smart - right click mouse button order when targeting a unit or ground
attack - attack move / attack a target order
move - normal move, acts simlar to smart when targeting ground
patrol - patrol order (to move between 2 points in attack move)
stop - cancles all current orders if possible

Some maps I see use patrol and seem to work ok.

Level 13
Try setting the object editor data "Can Flee - False" to every creep unit you are using.

I did that still no help :/ i dont get why the built in AI is so retarded..

keep in mind i have them attack moving to a point so they attack units on the way, i tried patrol to a point that didnt help either. They mostly run away also when they are being attack by the cannon tower with splash damage if that changes anything..they really dont like towers attacking them..

Level 3
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_NAMEOFREGION)
Try inserting this, after line where is issued to create the units that are send in.

This should make the trigger create the region everytime a unit is created and then remove the region afterwards, and repeating that as long as your trigger is constantly getting runned

Status
Not open for further replies.