• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Returning Creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral hostile units have a built-in AI that creates odd effects when issued an order. So far, people have not found an actual way to fix this, because the neutral hostile units act as if they are disobeying the king, you, the coder.

What you must do, is create a player, then spawn the units for that player. This way, the player's units will obey the coding, because they do not have that AI that nuetral hostile units have. Just another crappy feature Blizzard dumped upon us.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to stop this odd feature. The neutral hostile units are just too disobeying. But what do you expect, they are neutral hostile! ^^

Level 11
I'm pretty sure he understands that already. Also its not just another crappy feature. (Though a method of turning it off would be nice) It has a use, when your playing a melee map notice that when you aggro a neutral hostile unit, and then you run away, they follow you. Also notice that after a certain preset distance they return to their previous position. This is what that little bit of AI is for.

I'm pretty sure he understands that already. Also its not just another crappy feature. (Though a method of turning it off would be nice) It has a use, when your playing a melee map notice that when you aggro a neutral hostile unit, and then you run away, they follow you. Also notice that after a certain preset distance they return to their previous position. This is what that little bit of AI is for.

I agree... But that is what I meant. Without it, it would probably be sucky to have them follow you all the way back to your base camp. I just meant (in an apparently in obvious way) it should be able to be turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.