• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spawn Point - Why going back? {creeps are returning to their spawn point (AoS)}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
In my zombie map the survival area is in the middle. To the left, right, above, and below it are spawn points. these points spawn the zombies every couple of seconds. The zombies range are the max so that they can see my units and head towards them. The problem is however that once they get to a certain distance away from the spawn point (about a third way between the base and the spawn points) they turn around and head back to the spawn point. I don't understand why they don't go all the way to my guy and attack me? Sometimes they do manage to break away from the going back to the spawn point, but the majority don't, and this causes mad lag. I created a trigger to make all the units in the thin spawn point attack move to the center of the base, however this hasn't seemed to help. Its like thsi for all 4 spawn points. Any ideas?

+rep to whoever contributes

Level 12
If your using neutral hostile, then theres really no point trying anything to use them. IMO, its something blizzard never thought of when they made creep, that they might be used for something like spawns. Use Brown or Dark Green and maybe chop off an extra player spot for bosses or something.

Level 11
Can Flee doesn't work, they are already under player brown, and their is no destructible getting in the way. As for showing the triggers, their really isnt much to show.

Edit: Well it turns out the high "acquisition" range on the units was somehow messing it up. Once i lowed it, it was fixed. Weird. Anyways +rep to u guys for tryin.

Status
Not open for further replies.