• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Units can walk through water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i have a really great problem but my english isn't so good so i hope you can understand what i mean:

when i create a new map and use water of depth 1-2 and then grow up the terrain to give it a naturally look units can wlak through that water so the normally automaticly set blocker from the water (shown in pink) isnt there, i cant place ground blockers cuz i wan'T to use ships in this map, can some pls help me to solve this problem?

Level 5
maybe u based the unit off an amphibious unit? i dunno. if the problems is the new gen we, then ull have to ask an expert.
can u see the bottom of the water? if u can see it, units can walk through it. if u cant see it, units cannot walk through it.
so if u dont want units walking through, make sure the bottom of the sea cannot be seen.
hope u understand.

Level 9
1: each unti can do that, and didnt change anything on the basic units of wc3

2: i cant se the ground of the water

3: the water is overall 2 cliff-levels deep

4: the unit does not walk OVER the water it walks through so the shadow of the unit is on the top of the water, the rest of the unit is under water and i only see glowings if there are any

Level 9
i want to use transport ships, and if there is small space behind them the units will released in the water (tested it allready), but it doesn't matter now it's solved

thank you all for you're help

Attachments

• empire.w3x
    219.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
WhiteDeath said:
It is probably because the new gen jass we that your map gets corrupted.

Just so you know, WE sometimes just randomly corrupts a map so you better have back-ups ready [happens for both the normal WE and other WE]... but since you use NewGen, you probably would have back-ups at the JNGP folder, take a look...

We use NewGen so that we can use vJASS and other improvements like 16 tile tilesets, no doodad limit etc...

btw, now that I think of it, your problem is weird... I always increase terrain height to make natural looking rivers and such but I never encounter this walkability issue...

or maybe you raised everything?

or you create it with initial water then use increae height tool to remove water then use lower tool to create waters where you need them? if yes, then you might also just have lowered the terrain too much that it passes the limit for "deep" water...

Level 9
@ adiktus: the oproblem is on each map i created in the last 4-5 months and also the problem exists in the normal editor, too.
the problems come back if open the map in my editor, when the map was saved from whitedeath the problem was resolved but after i did some changes on the map the problem comes back

and backups are useless cuz the problem is there when i create a new map
i changed somehting in hte editor tho get 90° brushes to have realistic cliffs i think mybe this could help when i redo this(?), could you tell me how to?

@ white death: mybe you can dl the new gen and try to resave it?
cuz it worked on your normal editor?

Cryze said:
i changed somehting in hte editor tho get 90° brushes to have realistic cliffs i think mybe this could help when i redo this(?), could you tell me how to?

--> I think that is your problem... I don't know how you edited it so I won't know how to fix it... but since you were the one who did the modification, you should know how to reverse it right?

Level 9
no it's too long ago... the we allows you to brush terrain stright up to get naturally looking cliffs so you dont have to use the wiedr wc cliffs (but you need to place blockers there)

on another pc i installed the new gen we new and it can not solve the prolems

also my normal we i have this problems...
i have no idea...

Level 9
i just want a version of the map without the problem so when you sav eit it will be all fine^^

but i got another solution: i changed the tile pathing so that ground units cant pass them but flying and swimming units still can pass it, it works fine for me ...

on my b-net acc only diablo3 is active

Status
Not open for further replies.