• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit Spawning In Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I'm working on an AoS styled map in WC3. It has been a long time since I've worked on the actual triggers of a map, so I'm extremely rusty. I've also almost never dealt with variables personally, so, I'm having trouble getting units to spawn in waves the way I want.

HOW IT WORKS:
Player 1, 2, and 3 are in the same team. Player 6, 7, and 8 are in the same team. They build units in their own sections of the map away from the fighting zone in the middle. Let's say Player 1 creates a Barracks; Each barracks will spawn 2 footmen during Player 1's wave against Player 6's wave. After 1 minute, Wave #2 will spawn (Player 2 vs Player 7) and whichever buildings they built will determine what units spawn during that wave.

The goal is to pretty much counter your opponent's wave and for your team to ultimately destroy the enemy castle.

Can I get any help here or do I need to explain what I need help with more?

Level 16
Yeah, I was pretty sure I needed variables. I just don't know how they work or how to create them the way I want them to function.

You may need to search the site for some tutorials, anyway, variables work by saving a certain value that you can recall or edit later when you need. To create a variable press Ctrl+B in the Trigger Editor and a small window will pop up, create a new variable then type a name and choose the type of the variable; the type of the variable will affect what type of data it will store.

Status
Not open for further replies.