• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Skins Native [1.32]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone has bought it up before, cause apparently, this one is actually a potentially sick native for games that relies on deception and trickeries. I attached a sample map of what I have come up with so far with this new skin system.

I also wrote a Paste to show what I have uncovered during my tests, but it's pretty lacking so I'm sure there's a lot to explore here, like the 1.31 UI natives.

What it affects:
  • Unit Soundset
  • Unit Model
  • Unit Damage Sounds (attack and attacked)
  • Selection Scale

What it does not affects:
  • HP and mana
  • Projectile arc

Others:
  • Unit changed into hero skin does not add hero skin abilities
  • Selection scale uses previous skin scale
  • Changing hero to unit skin pre-game will cause them to lose name in-game, but changing via runtime trigger does not

So, any thoughts, discoveries, or anything else regarding this?

A possible application I found so far: part of replication of RA Spy System

Attachments

• UnitSkins.w3x
    22.2 KB · Views: 30
Level 31
Here is something I can concoct with this feature: [Mapping] - Replicating Red Alert Spy Disguise

I'm still certain there might be hidden quirks or something inside this that I have yet to be aware of. If anyone finds anything, do tell!
There are few problems with this native.
  • Units have no shadow when changing the skin
  • Units will drop their skin after some abilties would be casted on them (example - Tornado/Impale) , and i belive there are more.
So i guess blizzard didnt take that into account...odd

Status
Not open for further replies.