• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New desync cause of patch 1.32: have you experienced it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After hours of debuging I found a new cause of desync since patch 1.32 (Reforged). I produced it with this system : Item Lists.

I changed a few things to the map :
- Remove 'building requires - buildable' in dummy units (otherwise it does not work for patch 1.32 and newer)
- Add a player 2 & a hero for it.

And everytime i launch it, the call by any player to the GUI action "Selection - selection unit group for player" (in JASS: SelectGroupForPlayerBJ) causes a desync of the host player.

So my questions are : has any of you already experienced this new desync cause ? Is it documented ? Do we know why it bugs since patch 1.32 ? Shoule it be reported to Blizzard ? ^^

Sincerely,

Ricola3D

You can reproduce it with this minimal map:
- 2 players
- 1 unit
- 1 trigger : type "test" => select all units & call SelectGroupForPlayerBJ for the selected unit group = desync

Last edited:
Level 12
Huh, that might've been the source of desyncs in my map for the last few months.
I had issues with terminals being automatically selected, but figured there was some funky async thing going on with my code.

Oh reforged.

Status
Not open for further replies.