• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync issues : what other possible causes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm making a map and I had many desync issues. So I did the following :
- Remove all "GetLocalPlayer" calls
- Remove as many "Player Slot Statut" comparisons as possible
- Stop using Widgetizer+Optimizer to protect my map. Now I only use Vexorian's optimizer.

It improved much, however I still have a few desync sometimes on Bnet.

Does someone have any idea of other known desync causes ?
Maybe a infinite loop somewhere in my triggers ?

1st reason : untested wc3 patches with unknown issues
2nd reason : something actually caused by you.
Just wait for Reforged 4Head

Since I am editing the map with WE 1.30.4 and most players use Warcraft III 1.31.1 it may be patch issues.
But let's imagine I am in the 2nd case. Do you have an idea of potential reasons ? Some functions I should avoid to use ?
I know for example there is terrain deformation & height check, but I don't use it ^^

Also, if there is an infinite loop (trigger calling itself, etc...), shouldn't the player lagg before being desync ? Also will the player's gamecrash or only desync and return to Bnet home page ?

@Ricola3D do you alter constants? Which ones? I heard creep related constant are possible causes.
Do you familiar with Fixing SmartCameraPanBJ Desync? Might be possible issue as well.

The best way is to find a pattern or specific state causing desync. This helps narrowing down the source of the error.

@Ricola3D do you alter constants? Which ones? I heard creep related constant are possible causes.
Do you familiar with Fixing SmartCameraPanBJ Desync? Might be possible issue as well.

The best way is to find a pattern or specific state causing desync. This helps narrowing down the source of the error.

Thanks buddy ! I don't use the "Pan Camera As Necessary" function. About game constants, some are modified in the constants editor. But I think it is the very same than Sogat in the previous map version, that didn't desync.

About late idea, I'll try to see if I can narrow a scenario, but it is hard since it is multiplayer game on Bnet ^^

Level 12
I think new version of War3 allows you to open multiple instances of game, so you can test it with a LAN game.

Status
Not open for further replies.