• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Scale selection circle trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
When scaling units ingame via

native SetUnitScale takes unit whichUnit, real scaleX, real scaleY, real scaleZ returns nothing

it gets very ugly with values that are too far off from the default object editor data because it does not affect the selection circle nor the life bar.

While I have not found anything for the life bar, there is an alternative for scaling units including the selection circle: the 'Bloodlust' (Ablo) ability of orc shamans. Well, I did know this before but the change is not immediate, the delay/transition time hardcoded.

However, now testing the ability I could observe another effect. 'Bloodlust' actually passively scales the selection circle of the unit that possesses this ability. But you only notice this if the selection circle image has not yet been created. When you preselect/select the unit for the first time, its preselection/selection circle image is drawn. After that, it is not disposed of, just hidden/shown again on demand. The only way I have found yet to force wc3 to redraw the circle is by morphing the unit, well, and by actively casting 'Bloodlust' on the unit. You can cancel the buff in time in order to abort the 2nd scale. In contrast to active 'Bloodlust', this does not move the life bar in height though.

The delay/transition time of active 'Bloodlust' can also be skipped via morphing the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.