• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating shadows & selection circles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
For some reason, some of the units in my map have floating shadows and selection circles.
Floating shadows & selection cirlces.jpg
I dont know if you can tell from the screenshot, but the shadow and selection circle of the murlocs are floating, it is not only the murlocs either, almost all the units in my map have this, while others do not. The strange thing is, it seems to be random as to what unit has floating shadows and selection circles. Lets say i select a Blacktide Royal Guard (based off of the Naga Royal Guard) from the unit pallet and place about six of them randomly across the map. Some of their shadows and selection circles will be floating while others won't. Anybody know how to fix this?

Level 8
Look up the units in the object editor and find Art - Selection Circle - Height. The shadow thing i have no idea.
its exactly how it should be, the reason why its weird is because, if i pick a unit off of the object editor, and put a few, some will have floating shadows and selection circles and some wont. Its strange because they are the same type of unit, with different qualities.

I'm pretty sure the editor has a minimum to the bottom of the map. Is it possible you somehow lowered the map, perhaps with Terrain Elevation, or with the Terrain Cliffs to a point where it's under where it should be? If not, could you post the map so I could take a look?

If you don't want to give out your map, I can understand. It's just an idea.

Level 8
well, I solved the problem, when you mentioned minimum terrain height, i thought about what i did involving raising the terrain one level above shallow water, then lowering it by two, and this seemed to change the shadow height somehow, but after i raised the entire thing up two levels, it worked fine.

Thread solved by the posting user.
~Problem Solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.