• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Range and Selection Circle {having towers' selection circle represent their range}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Is there any way or some kind of formula that will allow me to change a unit's selection circle according to its range? I am making a TD map and I want my towers' selection circle to represent their range.

Thanks in advance

Level 40
The selection circle's scale * 32 is approximately the radius it covers. I'll see if I can get a more accurate measurement.

EDIT: My best estimate is selection circle's scale * 34.13 (with a repeating 3). It seems to give dead on results if you use about 10 3s following the 1 in the decimal (ie 34.13333333333).

Level 11
Thank you very much. :grin:

Solved

EDIT: Well, I doubt players are able to look that close to tell the difference between 32 and 34.13 ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.