• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SyncSelections native

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I had a request about what I know about this native so I figured to make a thread here if anyone else has extra information than feel free, it was one of my leading causes of desyncs with my save load system.

List of events caused by it
1) Thread halted
2) packets containing selected units are sent to the host which are then sent back to every player
3) Thr game selects whatever units were contained in the packet
4) thread resumed

Bit short winded because I don't like writing long posts on an iPod but there aero a few more things to note

0) If you select another unit during the sync process he will be unselected tevhnically, but he will show up as selected on the screen and through IsUnitSelwcted. Any commands issued to the unit eill not be processed.

1) Packets don't seem to collide, new calls will merge into the original

Level 19
The main reason is that, while my research is still the most powerful item in the scene right now, I still can't see a future where this system is common play and anyone that's able to make that happen would be more suited to redo the system in their own technique rather than building on mine

Status
Not open for further replies.