• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Unit Size - Trigger Editor - Default Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
[SOLVED - Not possible]
Hey there,

I've seen some spells modifying the unit size already, so I've decided to try one aswell.
xxdingo... is coding in Jass, im using the GUI.
The spell he made changes the size of a unit to a specific multiplier and kills it, then resets its unit size.
Here is my problem:

• Animation - Change Voodoo_Unit_Target's size to (Voodoo_Real_Temp%, Voodoo_Real_Temp%, Voodoo_Real_Temp%) of its original size
This changes the unit size over time, working brilliantly.
However, once the timer expires i want to reset the unit size.

The only way I found is following function:
  • Animation - Change Voodoo_Unit_Target's size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
If the unit I'm modifying is scaled x2 by default (Object Editor/Art-Scaling Value) its size will be less than it was before. This is because the 100% refer to the original scale of the model itself.

My question to you fine folks is wether you know a possibilty (in Jass or however) how to return the scaling value of a unit in particular. So I can save it beforehand and reset it to the value afterwards.

Last edited:
Level 3
even if you adjust it in the object editor the base of your unit is always 100% so
if you increase it to 10% you must divide it also to 10%, coz the new size is the
new 100% size of your unit...

It is not. E.g. the forest trolls:
The Forest Troll Warlord has the same model as the Trapper has, but is x1.55 as big.
My scale increases from 100%-200%.
The very moment the trigger starts, the Warlord will become as small as the Trapper.
If both units are being 200% of their original scale they are the exact same size.

Level 3
Well, still.. The trigger increases the unit size from 100% up to 200%.
If you take a look at the screenshots, you will see that the Warlord ("Kriegsherr" in german - the left one) will be set to the 1x size of the model.

This is not the point though. Im only wondering if one could use a custom script to fix it.
Probably there is a possibility in JASS to return the size of the unit.
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • If - Conditions
      • Spell_Voodoo_Real_Timer Less than 8.00
    • Then - Actions
      • Set Spell_Voodoo_Real_Timer = (Spell_Voodoo_Real_Timer + 0.05)
      • Set Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp = (100.00 + (Spell_Voodoo_Real_Timer x (100.00 / 8.00)))
      • Animation - Change Spell_Voodoo_Unit_Effect's size to (Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp%, Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp%, Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp%) of its original size
      • Animation - Change Spell_Voodoo_Unit_Target's size to (Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp%, Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp%, Spell_Voodoo_Real_Temp%) of its original size
    • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.