• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change unit's footsteps (size)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello
I found this on thehelper.net that might prove useful:
Pathing - Pathing Map (Pathing Map)
Defines the shape of the building's "footprint" when placed on a map.

NOTE: Pathing Map defines a shape; Collision Size defines the size of that shape. For units and heroes, the shape of their Pathing Map is a circle by default.
So perhaps, since you said you based it off a large unit, the Collision Size is still large, try setting it to 32. I'll keep searching in case this doesn't work.

bdeboare

Level 22
Bdebaere, it doesn't work. It was already on 32, and when I lower the value, the footsteps stay the same size.

This requires model editing. The foot steps left behind by a walking unit model are Event Objects within the unit model itself. I could edit this for you if you'd like.

Ohh, that would be great.
All I can give in return is credits in my campaign though. ;P

My unit is a smaller version of a Spirit Walker (scaling value 0.75). It would be even better if you could make the footsteps flame like Illidan's, if that's not too much trouble.

Level 2
Ah I'm sorry Ramza I couldn't help, but it appears that the only way is to edit the model itself... Like shamanyouranus (... sigh) said

Level 22
Ah I'm sorry Ramza I couldn't help, but it appears that the only way is to edit the model itself... Like shamanyouranus (... sigh) said

Yeah, too bad. :eek:
Weird how Blizzard didn't think of this.

Well how small is this unit going to be?

It's a smaller version of a Spirit Walker, with a scaling value of 0.75. I don't know much about modelling, but I'm guessing the footsteps need to be 25% smaller then?

And flaming footsteps, like Illidan's, would be great.

Level 22
Ahh, that's great. The burning effect looks nice.

Two things though; I need the portrait as well. Or is there some way to use the standard portrait?

The other thing is not really neccecary, but if you got the time, could you change the shape of the footsteps back to hooves (like the original), but with the same size they are now?

And what model editor do you use, by the way?

Actually, I just changed the footsteps to those of Demon Illidan.
There is actually no way for me to edit the footsteps, I can only switch them to existing footsteps in Warcraft 3. There only way I know to add custom footsteps would be to import them into the World Editor and use triggers to spawn them when the unit's walking and stuff (also depending on the type of terrain and what not, so it's practically impossible).
I use Magos, by the way. Also here's the portrait and a newly named version of the model.

Attachments

• FlameWalker.mdx
    140.2 KB · Views: 92
  • FlameWalker_Portrait.mdx
    56.1 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.