• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make unit not leave footsteps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I have a custom model, or not actually model but when I type a code in my map I get a phoenix attachment to my feet so it looks like I'm riding it, but when I got the mount, it makes me another builder which has movement type hover and peasant model, animation speed 0 so it doesnt look like he is walking in the air. But when the animation speed is 0 the footsteps appear in the air where my peasant moves and there is like 100 footsteps so it looks like its one solid big trail, how to remove the footsteps?

Level 9
the 0's frame of the animation of the peasant should be one where one of its feet touch the ground, by stopping the animation on this frame, you make the model create a footstep during each frame of the game

it's just a supposition, but i think that you can avoid this by setting the animation'speed to 0 after having let the peasant play some few frames (so it will stop on an other frame, a one which doesn't create footstep)

Level 19
Footsteps are event objects inside model so you need to edit model for that
get war3 model editor open your model
Windows -> Node Manager
there are things with camera icon in nodes which are events
the even you are looking for should show FTP (footprint) at type in window that appears when you double click on it
delete that event and no more footprints

Level 3
Fixed it, I made a phoenix with a peasant on its back instead of a peasant with a phoenix on his feet. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.