• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Unit scalling value with walk animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The problem:

I have scaled units to 0.650, managed to add them the same Movement - Speed Base as when they we're 1.000.
But when they make the walk animation is x2 or x4 even if I trigger the walk animation the model still moves x2 faster and looks weird.
I don't know for certain if Art - Animation - Run Speed or Art - Animation - Walk Speed influences that but after some messing with the triggers I manage to make the model -x2 slower, again it was weird.

-The help I need:

Is there any way to calculate this so I don't have to make the cinematic with x2 speed on the model even tho he moves with x1 as a object? I have the problem with too big footsteps than the model but I can be okay with that. With this I can't because it looks weird.

-Why I need the model so small ?

To make the map feel bigger, right now my fortress on map is scale 2.500 to make the units fit into the doorway to give it a realistic view, it takes a lot of space.
And since I'm doing the terrain with rocks and height only, the map and some of the maps I did are by 192x192 or larger and I can barely fit 3 bases because of the large scaling of buildings.
The route for the opposing bases are quite close and I want the map to fill larger by making the scaling of buildings and units smaller.

Level 21
this old thread has a formula. no idea if it's accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.