• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Art Animation Run Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When i make a unit's speed really fast, I notice that the unit still looks like he is running really slowly when he runs, even though I have the run and walk speed up to about 600 (actual movement speed is 500). What's going on? And the faster I make the walk speed, the slower he seems to be moving. Run speed just makes no difference at all.

Level 2
I changed the walk speed to a really low lumber compared to my run speed, and still no change. The units look like they are gliding! It's so annoying. They have movment type- walk as well, so that's not the case.

Level 2
the default walk speed does not work right. I changed all of the animation stats to the ones of the unit I am trying to copy (a hero with dire wolf model)and it does nothing. I am seriously considering upping the animation speed like reza sword said.

Level 11
Bloody_Turds so happy to see u here xD, thx again for defence matrix :xxd:

Bloody_Turds is right, there got animation - walk speed and anition run speed.

i think the calculation is like that:"
walk speed / move speed * walk animation = time needed to complete 1 walk animation....

example like:"
footman walk animation time is 0.8 second.
walk speed is 210
move speed is 270
so to complete a single walk animation need (210/270*0.8)second.
which is 0.63seconds.

lower the value the animation will faster

Status
Not open for further replies.