• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

walk/run??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
how does w3 utilize walk and run? whats the difference?
i know there walk and run speed at the top of unit editor, but thats only animations speed, where would the difference in movement come?
i know that some models (e.g. kodo) has different animations for run and walk, does that mean that it has something to do with devour??

:confused:

Level 14
thank you for help.

so i should use somekind of ability (negative movement speed bonus aura, or dummy to cast slow wit duration 0) to make a unit walk?
and if i edit a model to have an additional animation "run" then i can use it with any model?

Level 12
I don't think it depends on the base walk/run speed, but on the events ingame.
For example, if the pitlord (which normally displays his walk fast anim) were to be slowed by a spell (Slow, Frost, etc.), he would use his regular walk anim.
EDIT: LordPerenoldeII, not all models have walk anims, and even fewer have walk fast anims. Consider buildings and normal units as an example.
EDIT2: Ah well MortAr- knew better :p

Status
Not open for further replies.