• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

unit scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi there, I think maybe someone will find this usefull so here's a little tip. To scale units select an unit in the data editor and than click on the label under 'actors' in the lower left of the screen (e.g. with a Marine the label is called Marine). In the right a screen appears where you can modify data etc., here also is 'scale' located. Now the cool things about it in Starcraft 2 you can scale you units in x,y and z directions. I used this so I can add some terran robots. I've attached a screenie of it where I changed the x and the y of the marauder and the marine, while the marine doesn't look very good the marauder looks more like a robot/mech now. I've placed a ghost near it which has normal scaling. The Thor behind has a lower x and y than normally. I hope someone found this usefull even though it's very simple.

Attachments

• Fatbastards.jpg
    Fatbastards.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.