• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit attack modification question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi. I'm starting my journey in the fantastic world of messing-around-with-the-editor, and I'm trying to do basic things like changing a marine's attack. I've made the basic marine use the BC's land attack, modified it so it can attack both land and air, reduced its attack speed and I also think I can modify the weapon's name, icon, etc. But when the marine shots, the projectile originates at its feet and I've been messing around with 2 or 3 of the actors related to the weapon but I can't change it's origin point. Could someone please explain me how to do that or at least tell me wich actor should I be trying to modify?

Thanks.

Ok, NVM, I've already made it. Insted of changing the weapon I just changed the projectile's actor model. Still it would be nice if someone could tell me how to change a projectile's origin.

Edit: Ok, forget what I said, I still have the problem. I managed to make a marauder shot yamatos, but it seems like the marine lacks a projectile in it's default weapon and that's why whatever the weapon I give him, It shots from its feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need an action actor and make sure the last event in it is not duplicated multiple times (in the case of you relying on the duplication function of the data editor).

Some events only have 1 socket meaning that trying to register more than 1 action off them will result in all actions failing.

Level 5
Thanks but I think... I think I need a tutorial about actors. Is there any page with lots of guides about the Galaxy editor or something like that? I'm pretty much lacking a lot of basic knowledge about how the actors work, and having the editor in spanish doesn't help so I'm also downloading the english version.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.