• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Actors] Stalker Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hey!

I am creating a Dragoon from scratch. To mimic the projectile launching, I've duplicated Stalker actors (Stalker Attack and Stalker Attack Missile). However, two main things have gone wrong:
  1. When the Dragoon fires, the model used for the missile spawns beneath him but does not move at all. Could someone enlighten me on what weapon fields or actors may be malfunctioning?
  2. The Dragoon displays its ID as its name, and the weapon, which should be named Phase Disrupters, is called «Unknown» in-game. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The Stalker Attack actor dictates where the missle is created. The "launch attachment query - methods" method chooses the attachment point where the missle is created. If you do not link the actor properly to your duplicate it will not work. Apparently a missle effect can be assigned only 1 such actor object otherwise it will bug and fail to attach properly. Make sure the actor has correct references Like the Attack actor referencing the Missle actor.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It's working now, I think the problem was me using a Ground mover for the projectile unit. But the model I'm using appears to have what seems like a very slow birth animation, or maybe it's just not appearing soon enough, is there any way to make it appear sooner?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
By the way, back to the last problem, the projectile actually did spawn, but it would just spawn underneath the Dragoon and stand there, doing nothing and not disappearing (because the Actor events have it programmed to be destroyed on impact, I know). My only doubt left about that was if units using Ground movers need to have speed and acceleration to actually move.

By the way, back to the last problem, the projectile actually did spawn, but it would just spawn underneath the Dragoon and stand there, doing nothing and not disappearing (because the Actor events have it programmed to be destroyed on impact, I know). My only doubt left about that was if units using Ground movers need to have speed and acceleration to actually move.

Make sure the projectile is actually a projectile.
And 'where it fires from' is an attachment setting found in the weapon(?) options I believe.
Make sure the targeting options is set to 'position of target'.
If you're using the stalker beam as a dummy, just remove it's model in the weapon.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My only doubt left about that was if units using Ground movers need to have speed and acceleration to actually move.
Logically they do. How can a unit get speed to move without acceleration? How can a unit accerate without speed?

I think missles ignore those fields as they are not true units and instead have their movememnt pattern dictated by their mover.

Status
Not open for further replies.