• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Marauders weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to create a new unit, based on marauder. I've created unit, new weapon and weapon effects. I've copied all Marauder actors, and for each of these actors I've opened 'Event: Events+' and replaced each field with 'Marauder' or 'Marauder - Punisher Grenades (Damage)' with my own Unit or Weapon effects.

Everything else works fine, but when I command my unit to attack, it starts firing the projectile repeatedly again and again. Even if I tell my unit to attack, projectiles keep coming. If I turn my unit, direction of projectiles also changes. (Now projectile fly to the empty space in front of my unit) I think I've probably done something wrong with actors of the Weapon, but I don't know what.

Also, some fields in the 'Event: Events+' say just 'Bogus (Unknown)'. What does that mean?

:vw_wtf:

Level 9
if you just want a 1 to 1 copy of the marauder don't copy it. Use duplicate on marauder and select all actors, weapons,effects,buffs and maybe models.
the editor itself will connect it for you and thx to blizzard after 2 years of patching it actually WORKS!!!!

Level 2
if you just want a 1 to 1 copy of the marauder don't copy it. Use duplicate on marauder and select all actors, weapons,effects,buffs and maybe models.
the editor itself will connect it for you and thx to blizzard after 2 years of patching it actually WORKS!!!!

Thanks :D I always thought that duplicate and copy + paste would do exactly the same thing. Got it working that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.