• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marauder... Bugged or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yea i created a custom unit using the marauder, created my weapon created my actors and what not, every thing works but his attack, he doesnt have an attack animation, and yes i created an actor for his attack, created a launch missle effect, created a damage effect, basically created every thing that the original marauder has and put it on my custom, and yet he has no attack animation

So yea i created a custom unit using the marauder, created my weapon created my actors and what not, every thing works but his attack, he doesnt have an attack animation, and yes i created an actor for his attack, created a launch missle effect, created a damage effect, basically created every thing that the original marauder has and put it on my custom, and yet he has no attack animation

theres like, a special actor for his animation, if i remember

i don't have the game yet, but in the beta i had this problem

Level 1
I believe I encountered and resolved this same issue while working with Swann. Look in the Events for your unit's actor. There should be quite a few events you see when you look in there with the original weapons name, you will need to change those.

I believe you will want something like:

WeaponStart.WEAPONNAME.AttackStart (should be like 3 of these)
WeaponStart.WEAPONNAME.AttackStop

Replace WEAPONNAME with the new weapon and you should be good to go. Let me know if this works for you.

Level 3
I believe I encountered and resolved this same issue while working with Swann. Look in the Events for your unit's actor. There should be quite a few events you see when you look in there with the original weapons name, you will need to change those.

I believe you will want something like:

WeaponStart.WEAPONNAME.AttackStart (should be like 3 of these)
WeaponStart.WEAPONNAME.AttackStop

Replace WEAPONNAME with the new weapon and you should be good to go. Let me know if this works for you.
I tried something similar, and it worked in the end.
Look at the actor: Marauder (Main Actor)
Look at the Events, if the editor fucked up duplicating the unit, the events at the button didnt duplicate the attack animations proboly to respond and take action at your custom effect, or else the editor didnt even duplicate the events at all (occured to me(a solution to this is directly copy/paste the events from the original units direct events and then paste on the direct events of your custom unit)) But to make the anims play on attack, just change the WEAPONNAME (in this case Punisher Grenades LM) to your weapons similar effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.