• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Getting attack animations playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, Im trying to learn using GE data editor (which I find is quite hard to learn) so I followed this video that thought me how to change the weapon of a unit. In my case I made a Marauder shoot Stalker lazer.

But the Marauder wont do his attack animation when shooting, he just stand there without lifting his arm and doing that cool animation for each shot. How do I fix this?

Level 11
Look at the Actor events for Marauder (the actor). It should have something referencing the Marauders normal weapon, telling it to play an attack animation. Change the reference to whatever weapon/effect your unit is using.

Level 7
It's alot better now, but the marauder only uses one of his attack animations. Marauders have one animation for their left hand attack and another for his right hand attack, right now he is only using his left hand attack, but the lazers are still coming from both his hands.

skrmklippp.png

This is how my Actor > Events looks right now (Azure lazer is my launch missile effect)

Level 11
Are the lasers alternating between the hands?

Also, try looking at how the regular "attack" action actor for the marauder weapon works. You should have your own attack action actor for your new weapon. You might have to adjust parts of yours to fit, ie where it launches from.

Level 7
Are the lasers alternating between the hands?

Also, try looking at how the regular "attack" action actor for the marauder weapon works. You should have your own attack action actor for your new weapon. You might have to adjust parts of yours to fit, ie where it launches from.

The lazers are alternating between hands but the animations dont.

No idea how to make it work, I have just started learning the data editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.