• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dodgeable Missile - Impact graphics dont show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi,

So I want to transform some units attacks into missiles that you can dodge and that can explode on any enemy on his path, I changed the marauder weapon already by modifying the mover, but the thing is, even if the target can now dodge the missile, only the attacked target is able to be hurted by the missile, he doesn't check any collision with other enemies in his way.

So, I created a periodic Behavior to check for enemies around the missile and explode on them (by adding the normal attack effects, plus "suicide" effect to remove the missile), it works fine in the data part, damage and effects (slow effect) are here, but the graphics of the missile impact are of course not showing up at all by using this method, the missile just dissapear on collision.

So my question is, how do I change this marauder missile actors to make impact graphics appear on any non-targeted enemy. (I dont understand much shit in actors :/ why does it have to be so complicated...)

Thanks for help.

Level 9
Yea I understand that part, but I have no idea how to "Add a new actor that creates the impact effects when the effect chain runs after a collision occurs"
When I look into the impact actors, it looks like they are linked to the "Damage Effect", so it should apply anyways, since there is indeed damage applied, but I guess there is a bug where it can't find the target unit to attach the explosion.. but I have no idea why, because the Damage Effect already found the target for him x)

Status
Not open for further replies.