• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Non-Homing Weapon Attack; Dodgeable Attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey, I'm sure it's something really simple but so far haven't been able to figure it out. How do I make units have an attack like the mortars in Wc3, where they launch the missile attack, yet the missiles can be dodged? I tried messing with the effects and the weapons impact point but that just made the attack not work.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You change the effect structre of the weapon so instead of referencing a target unit, it references a target point. The splash is then done by choosing all the units in the target point. Remember weapons run chains of effects, they do not run attacks like in WC3.

Level 5
More in this vein, in wc3 non guided projectiles aimed in front of units they were targeted at, I have working non homing projectiles, but unfortunately they aim directly at the unit without taking into account its movement. How is it possible to make the projectiles target take into account the target unit's movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.