1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unit playing animation at creation

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Ezekiel12, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey again guys,

when I create a unit it plays an animation once. But I dont want that. How can I edit the model to not play that animation at creation? Or is it possible with only triggers?

Side question:
    Is there an easy way to slow down animations of a model in model editor? The problem is I need the animation very slow and SetUnitTimeScale and SetUnitTimeScalePercent are weird for very small values.

2. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unit enters map ->
    call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(*unit*, *integer*)

Play different animation with that command.

How does SetUnitTimeScale work weirdly? For that one, 1 = 100%, 0.01 = 1%.

3. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm ok and what to change in the model itself that the first animation is another one?

From my observations 0.01 is about 0.1%. For values below 0.5 or so it seems to scale strange..

Thanks so far!

4. Infrisios

Infrisios

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    At creation, it plays the "birth" animation.
    You can remove it or reduce it to a minimal time.

Best way to slow animations down would be to increase the time between the keyframes.

5. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I remove it, it plays the stand animation. But playing the birth animation is a viable solution. The next problem is that when the birth animation is finished, the model vanishes (I cant click it anymore). This doesnt happen after the stand animation. What to adjust that the model doesnt vanish after birth animation?

Im gonna try, but you know, models are my weakness^^

e: wow thats crazy. When I set animation speed to e.g. 0.01 the animation runs much faster when I dont look at it and very slow when I look at it Oo

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Values are different for TimeScale and TimeScalePercent.

7. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes Im not stupid : o
    0.01 TimeScale should be 1% but when looking at the animation it seems to be 0.1%!

8. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok one more question to this topic and then it should be finished.

I edited the model to have a birth animation but it still plays the stand animation at creation. What am I doing wrong?
    e: seems that if you create a unit by triggers it just doesnt play its birth animation -.-

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012